WHAT AMP is best ????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,ive just been lucky enough to pick up a set of Monitor Audio pl 200s, and i am now looking for a amp to run them,would the Pioneer SCL-X83 do the trick ??? or should i be looking at something else and totaly diffrent.

PS i will be geting the matching center speaker also,but do not know if i go for the plc150 or the plc 350 there will be no problem with space and easly could fit the biger plc 350 in, any help PLEASE

I have a budget of 5000 pounds but the center will be comeing out of that to

THANKS VERY MUCH from floyd

A

Anonymous

it all depends what you want. if you want a multichannel setup then it will do fine, though i would stress that if you are spending anywhere near 5000 you should spend some serious time auditioning equipment before purchasing it!

If you want a system purely for listening to music then a dedicated stereo amp will be the way to go. though with 5 large to blow you could probably get a very nice stereo amp AND a multi-channel amp

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
The Monitor Audio PL200 deserves better than an AV receiver, even if it's a higher end one. I would go with the above suggestion to spend the 5k on an integrated amp (with AV passthrough) plus an AV receiver. However, if you have heavy priority on video over music, then just go with the best AV receiver you can buy.

T

the record spot

Try both, see what you think. Decide from there.

Some high end AV amps are superb and could deliver what you want. On the other hand, space issues can come into play given the size not only of these amps, but also the larger stereo integrateds. The Yamaha AS2000 being a case in point - a huge thing!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts