What amp for Dali Zensor 3?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Hi, yes I've heard the CM1 and CM5 but it was quite a while ago. I'm probably not the best person to answer this as I'm not a fan of the CM series. I find them un-refined and boomy as well as being difficult to listen to for any longer than a few songs. I heard both on the end of Rotel amplification (RA06) so it could be that they would sound nicer with something else, but I've found most B&W speakers tiring over longer periods. I much prefer the more natural sound of the Dalis but that really is just my opinion and, as I say, not based on comparing them side by side so don't take it too seriously.

Thanks for the feedback.

Still waiting for the Dali Zensor 3 to arrive in Belgium ... ;)

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Oh yes. They've broken in fully now, and to be honest I can't find any weaknesses with them. They are staggeringly good for the money, and I'm so glad that RS didn't have the Bostons in! (Brilliant though the Bostons are...).

:cheer:

Wondering when WHF? will get hold of a pair...

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
I keep debating an amp upgrade. But then I listen to my kit and change my mind, my power amp is superb with these speakers. Looking for another RB03 (in silver) for much 180Wpc bridgy goodness, but I'd not be exaggerating if I said you don't see them too often...

Keep getting the upgrade itch, have so far resisted the urge to scratch... Wouldn't be sure what to go for if I did! :?

Garett

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Rotel RA-02 with my Zensor 3s and I love the way it sounds. It all depends on personal preference and the style of music you listen to so I would definetly recommend auditioning as much as you can.

I don't think you will be dissapointed whatever amp you end up with the Zensors really are a beautiful pair of speakers.

bop68

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
True. You cannot really go wrong with all these amps. I tried my Zensor 3 with a Rotel RA 10, excellent punchy and lively sound at the detriment of some details, a bit like the Nad 316. The Nad 326 works perfectly as well. I tried the Zensor 3 with at least 6 or 7 amps, including Rega Brio R. It was always very satisfying with little variation in the sound, just nuances. So avoid "paralysis through analysis", make your choice and enjoy your music.

matthewpiano

True, the Zensor 3s are pretty flexible and work well with different amps. However, I have found that they really respond to something that can offer up real clarity. They sounded great on the end of my Denon PMA-720AE, save for a slight haziness to the sound, but the extra clarity and openess of the Pioneer A-30 has raised the performance and insight levels of the Dalis again. For speakers with quite large bass drivers they can, with the right amplification, sound very rhythmic and infectious. I'm surprised there hasn't been more in the hi-fi press about these speakers yet. Having owned a lot of the sub-£500 speakers on the market and heard most of the others, I really don't think there is anything else to touch them. I'd have them over B&W 685s, MA RX1s/2s or KEF Q300s every time.

Ref the Brio-R mentioned in the previous post, I've spent a great deal of time with this amp and it is excellent. However, IMO, it isn't any better than the A-30 (or I would happily have saved a bit longer) and the £300 difference buys a lot of music.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts