WHAT A / V KIT BEATS THE ROTEL RA-O4 AND RCD-06 FOR STERO SOUND?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I would love to spend thousands on a Hi-Fi and seperate A/V system, but like most people can't afford it. I would say Hi Fi and A/V are more or less of equal importance to me. I have no system really to speak of at the moment, (a dodgy old technics mini system that i got during my teen's, where the drivers have all been indented, and sounds awful!)

I would like to know what A/v kit can beat the ROTEL RA-O4 AND RCD-06 for stereo sound, (It doesn't have to be by much! but as long as there is a slight improvement) And what speakers would you recommend to go with it.

I recently bought a 2nd hand pair of Acoustic Energy Evo 3's. They were in excellent condition, less than 2 years old and i paid £100 for them. I figure i can get a pair of Evo 1's and a centre from ebay quite easily, but for the electronics im thinking ill probably have to spend a bit more! And ill keep the Evo 3 for a bedroom system.

Basically the Rotel pairing offers me the minimum quality that i am looking for.

Thanks for reading!

A

Anonymous

No takers on this question?? i actually think its a good topic for an article in the magazine.

Ive been reading WHF for 5+ years now, and this kind of question gets asked over an over again. I would take the best buget system, and test it against various home cinema systems to see what money you do have to spend to equall or better the best buget system money can buy!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, Mook, this one slipped through the net!

And yes, it's a great idea for an article. Will talk to the team about it.

But back to your question. Sadly- and especially with a corking stereo pair like you have - you'll have to spend a lot more to get a decent musical sound from AV kit.

There are some manufacturers (Arcam and Marantz spring to mind) who typically make more musical AV kit, but you need to think about something along the lines of the Arcam AVR280 (£1200) receiver and DV-137 (£1300) DVD player, or the Marantz DV9600 (£1299) player (though the £600 Marantz DV7001 is a new-season option worthing hearing, too).

Again, with speakers, you'll need to spend to get a strong stereo sound. Dali's Ikon 6 5.1 (£2238) would be a great starting point for the electronics mentioned above.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply! But you must have misread what i wrote (or ive not explained myself correctly,, probably the latter, my english and grammer is awfull!) as ive only got a 10 year old technics mini system,,, Hi Fi, it is not!

Ive not actually got a CD player and Amp to hook up to the Evo 3's as yet,,, I just taunt myself with things i can't afford!!

but it is an interesting subject, and something i would very much like to read about!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts