Wharfedale Diamond packages?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dubai shopping festival waiting for stock on the KEF 300SE or the Tannoy mercury F1.

Can anyone advise on the following packages currently on offer? Both are driven by the Onkyo 605 and are included with the package deal.

Wharfedale diamonds packages.
Front 9.5 + 9CS + 9.1 + SW150 (653 sterling) Front 9.6 + 9CM + 9.1 + SW250 (1014 sterling)

A

Anonymous

I assume sharples you are in Dubai... me too. Finding hard to get any decent advice from all the poor salesmen here.

The Onkyo's are the way forward, however I've decided on the 875 as there is no HD TV here yet, it should make the premiership a bit more viewable in light of its upscaling capabilities for the Plasma.

Have found a supplier of Monitor Audio if your interested, down Bur Dubai though.

A

Anonymous

If you don`t mind me asking how much are you paying for the 875. V.V. Sons (agent) have a strong hold on prices so competition among suppliers is nil.Who is the Monitor Audio supplier what models do they have.Would not mind looking at the Bronze BR2 and BR5 AV packages.In Dubai competition and sales advise is rubbish (most) because its strictly agency controlled and profit oriented.Been here a long long time and can state were Dubai used to be one of the first to launch new models at reasonable prices they are now behind and more expensive than Europe.What do you think of the Wharfdale packages on offer. Hope one of the experts can help and comment before the shopping festival finishes. Hell Bur Dubai not been there for years and a good reasons not to.

A

Anonymous

Regarding the 875, I have only seen the price as part of a package with speakers, I just know I want one as everyone is raving about them and I need my Showtime Upscaled as there's no HD here. I'm thinking of ordering from the US as I have seen them a lot cheaper $1134, about 580 quid from Amazon.com online, don't know if they ship here or even if it's good idea though, What d'you think?

The Monitor Audio supplier is a guy called Mr Nysel ("tell me", head wobble). I spoke to him and says he is getting a delivery at start of March - BR2's and BR5's - also RS6 & RS1 which he will do as part of a 5.1 package.

The guy owns a second hand HIFI store in Bur Dubai called Garsan Audio and has just agreed a contract from 'tones & colors technologies' (official suppliers) to distibute the NEW Monitor Audio stock. Website. There's surprisingly some alright stuff there. The guy's going to have all the AV packages set up with Onk's 605's for a consistant audition.

He said he would email me his whole list of the stock he's receiving and the prices, however I have not had anything through. Typical.

The Wharfdale package looks fairly good, though I was hoping to get some Monitor Audio as something a bit special.

To be honest, the level of knowledge and sales skills the guys have here is shocking, I'm constantly annoyed and confused by the nonsense they tell me, if it weren't for WHF forums I don't know what I would have bought by now!!

A

Anonymous

Already tried the states for other items they will not ship electronic items to Dubai. Not sure either if it would be the same specification as Dubai/UK as some equipment I have bought have transformers on them i.e. running machine (not used) etc. The package deals being offered during the festival look OK but I have no idea if the Wharfdales are a good buy (waiting for expert advice[/b]).Running around Dubai (traffic jams en all) from pillar to post trying to get sound advice but no avail. Love the mag and this forum they have been invaluable only problem after reading advice and getting excited I cannot find the equipment or its mega expensive. Not sure the extra money for the 875 for Showtime would be justified or would it be better for music I believe the 705 over the 605 is (advice anyone). Because of the wife will only get one chance to upgrade. Frustrating money in the pocket waiting to spend but still not sure what to buy. Big thanks will try your advice with the speakers however the deals will finish shortly with the close of the festival. Let me know what you end up with.

A

Anonymous

Do you have a phone number for this guy or map. The web site link is missing can you also give me the address you were indicating. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Bought the 605 today but declined on the wharfdale package deal. One being no feed back on the package offered from the forum and second they did not thrill me with the sound.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, you're right the link doesn't work.

Its www.garsanelectronics.com

The guy phoned me last night and said he would have the list of speakers, colours and prices in a couple of days.

Will let you know when I have it.

A

Anonymous

Dubai audio will have the KEF 3005se in a couple of weeks (or so they say). Would you belive Thompson electronics agent for tannoy don`t have them in stock. They will ship then in for 50% up front and balance on delivery at 150 sterling more than the UK.My question is. Is it UK manufactures are settled with there lot in UK that they can not be bothered to seek new markets or just plain lazy to expand horizon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts