Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 one speaker quieter than other

graant

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
So I've just bought a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's.

I'm having an issue where one of the speakers is quieter than the other, I swapped them both around to make sure it wasn't an issue with the Amp or the cables. I have also made sure the plates connecting the HF and LF were on right.

It's not a significant difference when close to the speakers, but when sat in the middle in between the two of them it is heavily noticeable and is not a pleasent experience. It feels like my ear on the side of the faulty speaker has popped.

It's not a phasing issue, I have checked the cables and ran a test video on youtube whilst watching the cones move.

Does anyone have any ideas or is it best to return it to Superfi?

If so how good are Superfi at dealing with returns?

Considering the SW150 sub that was part of my order didn't arrive with the rest of it and I recieved a call from DPD saying they have it in the sorting facility because it wasn't labelled and the outside box was damaged I don't have much faith in Superfi (though in all fairness the damage could have happened in transit)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I would contact Superfi, they were ok when I had to return an item, and you don't want to get stuck with a faulty pair of speakers.

AmigaNut

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
graant said:
So I've just bought a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's.

I'm having an issue where one of the speakers is quieter than the other, I swapped them both around to make sure it wasn't an issue with the Amp or the cables. I have also made sure the plates connecting the HF and LF were on right.

It's not a significant difference when close to the speakers, but when sat in the middle in between the two of them it is heavily noticeable and is not a pleasent experience. It feels like my ear on the side of the faulty speaker has popped.

It's not a phasing issue, I have checked the cables and ran a test video on youtube whilst watching the cones move.

Does anyone have any ideas or is it best to return it to Superfi?

If so how good are Superfi at dealing with returns?

Considering the SW150 sub that was part of my order didn't arrive with the rest of it and I recieved a call from DPD saying they have it in the sorting facility because it wasn't labelled and the outside box was damaged I don't have much faith in Superfi (though in all fairness the damage could have happened in transit)

They are great speakers and you will love them, but get them replaced by SuperFi.

I am sure there will be no probs. Mine came from them last Dec never regretted buying them.

AmigaNut

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts