Wharfedale Diamond 220 vs DALI ZENSOR 1

T.T.

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
So, trying to make my sound system according to my needs, I decided that I want a 5.1 AV receiver. Searching around the web, I've come to the Bic Acoustech Pl-200 subwoofer, along with a pair of speakers. Now, I've narrowed the options to the Wharfedale Diamond 220 or the DALI ZENSOR 1 stereo speakers, which are both in the same price range and have great reviews, but I can't decide which one to get, since I'm not able to listen to neither of those. I listen to music all day long(in mp3, not lossless formats) and I watch movies frequently. So my question is which one should I get?(Other suggestions are welcome, both for the speakers and the subwoofer).
Note that I intent to upgrade the system furthermore by adding a pair of towers and a center speaker.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi I had the Dali 1 s before I up graded to dail 3s they are a very good speakers for the money but the 1s are good but not much in the way bass as that's the only issue with them as they are a small speakers I still have my 1s because in the future I will use them as back speakers in a AV setup but anyway if you can get hold of the Dali 3s they would be a better choice as they have good bass to them and sound really good and we'll wouth the money you probably be able to pick a pair up on eBay second hand at a good price but both the 1s and the 3s have got good reviews but I would recommend hearing them first to see if you like them or not . If you pay for them at richer sounds they will give you 14s trial at home with them and if you do not like them you just take them back and get your money back you can not lose . Not sure on the other speakers what they sound like I am sure someone on this site has a pair and will let you no and on the sub . Hope this helps

gasolin

I have had the Zensor 1 (denon dra-f109)and to my taste they are to bright and need a bit more bass,power more oomph(they do how ever have a bit more then the new smaller zensor pico), they also have more tendency (compared to other speakers like the bostons i have) to sound more intrusive in the highs at medium or high levels.

Have not heard the wharfdales, but i have had the boston a 26, have the a23 and have now as my main speaker the a25 and they are very good, after burn in the top is very pleasant, no fattigue, lots of power and the bass is very neutral, not as loud as play loud hifi speakers, but giving a bit more volume with som edm you don't need more bass in a small to mid sized room

You should try listening to the Boston acoustics a23,a25 and a26

T.T.

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm not able to listen to any of the devices mentioned above since there aren't any stores that sell them where I live. I can only buy them online. That's why I ask for your opinion. My room is midsized to large.

MaxD

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
T.T. said:
So, trying to make my sound system according to my needs, I decided that I want a 5.1 AV receiver. Searching around the web, I've come to the Bic Acoustech Pl-200 subwoofer, along with a pair of speakers. Now, I've narrowed the options to the Wharfedale Diamond 220 or the DALI ZENSOR 1 stereo speakers, which are both in the same price range and have great reviews, but I can't decide which one to get, since I'm not able to listen to neither of those. I listen to music all day long(in mp3, not lossless formats) and I watch movies frequently. So my question is which one should I get?(Other suggestions are welcome, both for the speakers and the subwoofer).Note that I intent to upgrade the system furthermore by adding a pair of towers and a center speaker.

i had Dali Zenzor 1 and 3. Fine speakers then IMHO they lack a bit of presence in the sense the sound seems too thin. I will absolutely avoid Q Acoustics becouse In my experience they misarable failed at medium/high volume. IT seems to me they are made of paper and I will not trust them anymore even if I didn't try 2015 3xxxx line of speakers. Wharfedale 220 tested for few months were the opposite of Dali: too dark and booming where booming doesn't mean to have controlled and tight bass.

I will advise in your case Klipsch RB-61 or RB-81: they are the opposed of Q Acoustics related with build quality, they are made of stone, with high quality very resistent material, also very nice to accomodate in every ambient becouse they look very posh in my taste. They are very sensitive and balanced, bass with trumpet build are strong and very well controlled. They are also very sensitive with 95db. becouse of this they act also very well in a home theater environment.

if you still want to choose between Dali and Wharfedale, especially if you plan to use them for movies, much better the Dali sound, still IMHO.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I think the Dali speakers are good value for the money a specially the 3s but but the 1s and 3s need the right amp or AV for them to sound there best like all speakers do that's way I am saying the Dalis 3s as they are not so gutless as the 1s plus Dali does have a AV package if you look it up on line but my Dali 3s sound good with a marantz amp and CD player anyway for me but it's your choice good luck in finding what you want .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts