Want to work at What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Our wonderful Buyer's Guide editor, Caroline Osborn, is retiring after no less than 30 years on the magazine. That's the bad news. The good news is that we're auditioning for a new team member to take on the task of keeping our 1400+ product Buyer's Guide - which feeds the magazine, our overseas issues and shortly the new-look website here - up to date. The job involves distilling our reviews into pithy one-line verdicts; managing our product database; frequent communication with manufacturers and PRs; and general editorial assistance to the magazine team. There are also opportunities to attend product launches and shows. Strong computing and organisation skills, a good telephone manner and an impeccable attention to detail are essential, with an interest in our subject matter a bonus. This position - based at our riverside offices in Teddington - is initially available on a six-month contract basis. Interested? You can apply online here.

A

Anonymous

If I wasn't training as a Chartered Surveyor, I'd have loved to. It's a cracking opportunity for any hi-fi lovers wanting to get a foot in the door of journalism and What Hi-Fi. Best of luck with the candidates Clare!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Do you need a Thai speaking person?? No! well I shall stay put in pretty old Norfolk then :) C'mon guys this is a great chance to be part of your favourate hobby + earn some money too!

A

Anonymous

Sigh. Now if you'd asked me 15 years ago, before the single income, two kids and and onerous mortgage, then I still wouldn't have got the job...

Oh well.

A

Anonymous

sorry not for me still aming for a michelin star at our resturant !

A

Anonymous

Any jobs going for an Australian Liaison Officer or something?
emotion-2.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="sex"]sorry not for me still aming for a michelin star at our resturant ![/quote]

michelin? Is that a set of tires!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]michelin? Is that a set of tires![/quote]

Assuming you're not being sarcastic. A Michelin star is highly sought after in the restaurant world. 3 stars is the highest I believe, and there aren't many of those around.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="sex"]thank for explaning :)[/quote]

Should also have said that they bloomin' hard to earn (and I do mean earn), so good luck.

Sorry, getting well OT here :-o

A

Anonymous

Nah, not OT, but cut to the chase...

... when you get the star - do we get a discount for being on the forum???

:)

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
Coincidently I'm looking for work at the moment, I have project management skills from working with RBS Corporate bank, and am currently a self employed web designer. However I'm not looking for a 9 to 5 role.

If there's any part-time or work from home jobs going I'd be interested - I've got a four year old to look after.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Pass my details on.

Degree level educated.

Marketing/Advertising agencies for last 12 years.

Love hifi, and suffer regular bouts of buying new kit.

Some copywriting experience.

And of course like a glass or two.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts