What Hi Fi Sound and Vision Ultimate Guide to Hi Fi

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
The 'What Hi Fi Sound and Vision Ultimate Guide to Hi Fi' gave a round up of all reviewed components and gave good advice for Hi Fi for the last year. This was the ultimate, most interesting and exciting publication from What Hi Fi for the whole year. I still have my April 2008 issue and still use it as a reference for older Hi Fi components.

When will the next issue of 'What HiFi Sound and Vision Ultimate Guide to HiFI' be published? Will it be on April 2015? I would be grateful for a defnite confirmation.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Romulus

We haven't published the Ultimate Guides (we used to produce six a year) for some time now. Unfortunately they didn't sell in sufficient numbers to be commercially viable.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Andy

Thank you for your response. It is ironic you do not publish Ultimate Guides, it was clearly your star publication. Perhaps if you were to publish just one Ultimate Guide per year it would become commercially viable (because it covers a comprehensive round up of reviews done in good detail of all latest HiFi equipment which covered alot more different brands relevant in UK than reviews from competing Hi Fi magazines in the UK).

Romulus said:
Hi Andy

Thank you for your response. It is ironic you do not publish Ultimate Guides, it was clearly your star publication. Perhaps if you were to publish just one Ultimate Guide per year it would become commercially viable (because it covers a comprehensive round up of reviews done in good detail of all latest HiFi equipment which covered alot more different brands relevant in UK than reviews from competing Hi Fi magazines in the UK).

I think you will find other publications that do an 'Ultimate Guide' sort of magazine merely fill it with reconstituted reviews that they have carried out over the year + a load more adverts.

This may be the one to buy if you are not a regular subscriber to that publication but it is certainly one to avoid if you are. *biggrin*

D

Deleted member 2457

I miss the ultimate guides to home cinema, they were good!

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
Romulus said:
Hi Andy

I think you will find other publications that do an 'Ultimate Guide' sort of magazine merely fill it with reconstituted reviews that they have carried out over the year + a load more adverts.

This may be the one to buy if you are not a regular subscriber to that publication but it is certainly one to avoid if you are. *biggrin*

[/quote

In reference to your first paragraph that is the ideal Ultimate Guide I am looking for in What HiFi. Its compact, with comprehensive information (and illustrated) in logical sections and makes a good reference for that year.

If your a suscriber you have to tolerate masses of information (and adverts) which you are simply not interested in and waste money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts