Virgin Media upgrade to HD box

tom2b

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Till recently, I have used an old 32"Panasonic CRT TV on Virgin media cable (SD)box, and found the picture quality''very acceptable'.

I have now bought a Samsung UE37EH5000, and unsurprisingly the picture quality ranges from poor to acceptable~this is supposed to have Freesat HD, but this presumably is not routed through the VM box.

The answer to this seems to be to get a VM HD box, and I will then enjoy fabulous HD quality.....?!, or are there any other considerations??

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Well, if you want to use the Freesat HD tuner installed in the TV you will need a Satellite dish put up and connect the TV direct to that.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
tom2b said:
Till recently, I have used an old 32"Panasonic CRT TV on Virgin media cable (SD)box, and found the picture quality''very acceptable'.

I have now bought a Samsung UE37EH5000, and unsurprisingly the picture quality ranges from poor to acceptable~this is supposed to have Freesat HD, but this presumably is not routed through the VM box.

The answer to this seems to be to get a VM HD box, and I will then enjoy fabulous HD quality.....?!, or are there any other considerations??
Surely the answer is to get a satellite dish and tell Virgin you don't need to pay them anything.

tom2b

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for reply guys,

Was Really looking for confirmation that if I upgrade to an HD box, that I will then have an improvement in picture quality, both for SD channels and HD channels. ..?

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
tom2b said:
Thanks for reply guys,

Was Really looking for confirmation that if I upgrade to an HD box, that I will then have an improvement in picture quality, both for SD channels and HD channels. ..?

The SD channels will be upscaled by the box & the HD channels can be output up to 1080i

A

Anonymous

If you want HD, get Sky. Far better choice of HD channels than Freesat or Virgin.

A

Anonymous

Hi. I'm thinking about buying the 37" Eh5000 and was wondering if you recommend it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts