video files to ps3

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
anyone got a clue how to get home movie clips from sd camra or from pc to ps3 via memory stick ive downloaded media manager pro wich dosent seem to do anything i click on video and i get a blank screen with no real options.the ps3 does not recognise the files saved on the pc and dosent seem to see the camra pluged in direct.

any clues would be great.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Well, I use Windows Media Player to stream home movies over my network to the PS3 using DLNA so I can watch them downstairs on my telly.

From memory, I believe there is an option to download the file from the PC to the PS3 using the same mechanism.....but I might be wrong there.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
only thing that worries me is i tried to do somthing like that with my laptop and the norton had a fit it blocked evrything and i had to uninstall it as i couldent get on the web for a month.

i no little about computers even though i built a couple that work great i just cant operate them past surfing the web, it took me a month to get my head around i tunes.

A

Anonymous

The PS3 is somewhat limited in the video formats it supports; there are 2 basic options for streaming from the PC:

1) Convert the files to a supported format (eg DivX)

2) Use a media streamer that transcodes to PS3 compatible formats

I favour option 2, after all why would I want to keep 2 copies of videos in different files (native on the PC and converted)? I've recently been using the free version of TVersity and find it fit for purpose but there are other apps available that seem popular on this forum (Twonky springs to mind)

It sounds like you may need to set some firewall rules to allow streaming to your PS3, it's a bit of a pain, I don't remember where I found out which ports/protocols to set but a Google search (other search engines are available) should do it.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
think i might have got it guys pc has been encodeing for the last hour and twenty minutes it should be done in about thirty mins or so then i should be able to save to psp and then hook that upto ps3 and copy from there.

report back soon

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
ok so this is how i did it add a link from the video file to my movie camera ,open it ,select all,encode all (took about five hours) copy to psp then hook the psp upto the ps3 and iyou got it________pixle city

it was ok on the camera

it was ok on the pc

the encoding on sony media pro (£7.99) wrecked it(i had it set to the higest standerd to)

any ideas any one pls

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
XVID4PSP conversion software

Its free and very powerful

Take any format and convert to MP4 for PS3.

I needed/wanted to convert a matroska just last night using this (I usually use another program but had problems for some reason) the quality is virtually indistinguishable using 'X264 Q21 Ultra' encoder settings
emotion-21.gif

HOWEVER. A film will take hours and hours so you could do with a zippy computer to encode with

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts