Van den Hul The Wave overkill with DacMagic?

Peter Larsen

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I would like to squeeze every last detail out of my DacMagic, and therefore consider buying the Van den Hul The Wave analog interconnect, but is it overkill? At the moment I use a Tara Labs Prism 300a. A cable to approx half the price of the VtH.

I also have the QED perfomance coaxial - considering going for the Qed SR75. Worth it?

A

Anonymous

No, I don't think it will be overkill (although it would be helpful to know the rest of your system). I use a Chord Chorus 2 to good use.

Try and trial if you can, and enjoy!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Blunny89:No, I don't think it will be overkill (although it would be helpful to know the rest of your system). I use a Chord Chorus 2 to good use.

Try and trial if you can, and enjoy!

I don't think so either, in fact I suspect that the DM needs a good interconnect - I use Chorus 2 also (XLR though).

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Peter Larsen:
I would like to squeeze every last detail out of my DacMagic, and therefore consider buying the Van den Hul The Wave analog interconnect, but is it overkill? At the moment I use a Tara Labs Prism 300a. A cable to approx half the price of the VtH.

I also have the QED perfomance coaxial - considering going for the Qed SR75. Worth it?

I've just seen your other question. The SR is a decent jump on from the Performance - I've had both and still have the Performance connected to my Sky HD box from my DAC. I sold the SR for a decent sum and got a Clearer Audio Silver Line http://whathifi.com/Review/Clearer-Audio-Silver-line/ for £60 (I think) off Ebay. This is a very good cable.

nads

Peter i am using the Tara Labs Spectrum 3a Audio from my DacMagic and i did have the tried the Chord Chameleon sliver plus.

Not impressed with the Chord also tried the Supra EFF-1 But yes you should take a step up from the Prism 300a.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Peter Larsen:

I don't want to shock you but if you want to squeeze the best out of a DAC i wouldn't recommend the dacmagic but a DAC that can make use of a powercord (not an ac supply).

I was on the same road you are now and regret a bit the money i spent on it.

See following topic on what i tried out.

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/263585.aspx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts