Van Den Hul Flat or QED Performance?

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Ok guys this question is for people who consider upgrading their HDMI cable from a cheap one to a more expesnive one a good idea (not trying to start a debate on whether there is a difference!)

Am having SkyHD installed in a couple of weeks and was going to upgrade the HDMI cable to either:

1) Van Den Hul Flat HDMI for £65

2) QED Performance HDMI for £42

I know the Flat is meant to be a slightly more capable performer but was wondering if its worth 50% more over the QED?

BTW this is the correct QED cable isn't it? http://www.amazon.co.uk/QED-Perfomance-HDMI-upgraded-version/dp/B001P0TMXK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246471613&sr=1-2

Thanks

nads

well as Sky HD is not transmitted in 1080p is it worth spending all that money? and, i may be wrong, but you will need an optical cable for the surround as it is only stereo down the HDMI...

if you were talking about these cables for a BD player then yes.

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi nads

good point about the 1080p. hadn't really thought of that.

which would you favour for a blu-ray player? may be upgrading to a blu-ray player at some point this year and would be interested to know your opinion on the cables

cheers

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi ValianTX

Thanks for the reply - I see you've got both cables so think I might take up your recommendation

thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS