Van Den Hul D102 III Hybrid Interconnect

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, I am currently using these interconnects in my system.

I have the ground end connected to my CD then going to my amp in one lay out.

Then in my second layout I have the ground end connected to my AV amp going to my A80 which acts as a power amp in processor mode.

The question I am asking is this correct way of connected these interconnected via the ground end in each instance

On the other hand I might be able to purchase a Nordost Solar Wind interconnect, is this a good cable to replace my existing or leave well enough alone, many thanks in advance to all who reply.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
As a rule of thumb, most cables should be used with the end that the writing reads from as the source end, e.g....

CD PLAYER "Van den Hul M.C. D 102 MK III ....." AMP.

The D102 MkIII is a fairly neutral sounding cable, although perhaps a bit too smooth, i.e. rounds off the trable. I think you'd find a big difference in the characteristics of a Nordost interconnect, which would be very open and detailed, but perhaps harsh with some types of music/systems. I guess it depends on what you think your sound is lacking.

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Right, thanks for clearing up that about the direction on the cable.

I do feel that it is too laid back at times and an injection of detail might be the ticket, hopefully not too revealing with my aluminimum tweeters that would be my only concern.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts