Van Damme or Chord Silverscreen?

albireo

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have heard both. Van Damme Blue and Silverscreen 2.5mm square, 2m x 2. My system at the time was composed of a NAD C370, Marantz CD6000OSE cd player and PSB T45 floorstanders (in a similar league with MA RS 6). In my room, with my ears and with this system there was no perceivable difference between these two cables. I've been sticking with the excellent van damme ever since.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
I've had both VD 4mm shotgun & Carnival Silverscreen in my system. Wth 2m runs, as above, no difference.

The Chord is quite small though at 1.45mm so can seem a bit lost in banana plugs with screw fittings. I'd buy VD again without hesitation.

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
There is Van Damme lc-ofc 4 mm and Van Damme Blue. Which one is the best? And i always terminated the speakercables without plugs on amp and speakers. Good?

[/b]

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
peterpan said:
There is Van Damme lc-ofc 4 mm and Van Damme Blue. Which one is the best? And i always terminated the speakercables without plugs on amp and speakers. Good?

[/b]

LC-OFC is better ;)

I have compared this with Chord Odyssey and it failed to Chord only on the high freq but by not much, otherwise a value for the money cable.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
peterpan said:

[/b]

I use the Blue Series Studio Grade UPOFC 4mm cable, plugs at amp end (for ease of use) and unterminated speaker end.

Excellent value cable, I couldn't perceive any difference with the Chord Odyssey it replaced. Plus the blue matches my carpet perfectly
smiley-smile.gif

DIB said:
peterpan said:

[/b]

I use the Blue Series Studio Grade UPOFC 4mm cable, plugs at amp end (for ease of use) and unterminated speaker end.

Excellent value cable, I couldn't perceive any difference with the Chord Odyssey it replaced. Plus the blue matches my carpet perfectly
smiley-smile.gif

Really handy that is, saves you upgrading the carpet! :)

A

Anonymous

Inter_Voice said:
Crocodile said:
Over that distance there will be no difference but you may struggle to accommodate the thickness of the 6mm in the binding posts.

+1 :)

Unless you have to use very long cables 4mm is sufficient.

Up to some 10 meters 2,5 mm is sufficient!

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
With the speakers cables i started off with Qed's silver anniversary following by xt evolution , x-tube 400 and genesis . I noticed that the thicker the cable is the better bass you get , more controlled i'd say .

But due to change of the speakers silver cables made my system sound to harsh or to bright with some songs and after reading on this forum i bought a Van Damme blue series 6mm ones and i must say that qed's went quickly on ebay :rofl:

Generally it isn't a massive diffrence you will notice and don't expect to be a night and day change , but for me these cables sound really balanced and warm and i've never had any complaints since.

TRENDING THREADS