Upscaling DVD player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was wondering if you could can recommend a best buy upscaling dvd player (was thinking about getting the toshiba EP10 HD dvd player - £59.99 on the web seems like a good deal). I also have a PS3 in my living room but wanted a good upscaling dvd player for the bedroom. Also do you rate the PS3 as an upscaling dvd player?

Anthony

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
The Toshiba EP10 is a great upscaling DVD player, and at that price is a veritable bargain. The PS3 was originally somewhat mediocre for DVD replay, but a firmware upgrade last year solved that and it's now pretty good.

You can read our full verdict on the PS3 in the May issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision, on sale tomorrow (April 3).

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
do you mean the EP30??

I have just got mine from Amazon the 59.99 deal they were doing, not got my HD TV yet, i collect (Pana TH 37PX80) on sat so will let you know how std DVDs look as well how the 2 free HD DVDs look, the sound will have to wait as not sorted that side yet but i have the EP 30 connected to my venerable denon pma 250SE via the std phono leads and then out to my old kef coda 7 speakers, its a bit of a lash up as to change volume its back to the old fashioned get off yer butt style!

cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts