upgrading rega brio r or rotel ra 10 from marantz pm 6004

suresh babu

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
hi friends,

planning to upgrade an integrated amp. now i am using marantz pm6004 with q acoustics 2020i

now i am interesting to change the amp. to rotel ra10 or rega brio r..

only two options , rotel ra 10 or rega brio r..

i am not interested in feature rich amps. only pure music sound... especially vocal rich amplifier..

all suggestions are welcome

thank you

suresh babu

suresh babu said:
hi friends,

planning to upgrade an integrated amp. now i am using marantz pm6004 with q acoustics 2020i

now i am interesting to change the amp. to rotel ra10 or rega brio r..

only two options , rotel ra 10 or rega brio r..

i am not interested in feature rich amps. only pure music sound... especially vocal rich amplifier..

all suggestions are welcome

thank you

suresh babu

You'll need to hear them for yourself. Both are very capable but... this hobby is so subjective, owners of the aforementioned amps will *obviously* recommend their favs but may not suit your taste.

peterpiper

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I think the RA10 will be a sideways move from a PM6004 in my opinion, its just different not really better , having heard both the PM6004 has a more 'liquid' smoothness, the RA10 might give you more of a boost in the punch department, although the Marantz can also sound lively, just not as much as the Rotel

not heard the rega at all, but its well respected , could be worth a go over the Pm6004 if you dont mind no tone knobs :p

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd probably want to spend at least double or more on the amplifier to notice the improvement not just a different presentation. Something around the price of the Arcam A19, Cyrus 6a for example, and you should notice a difference. Otherwise you could try changing the speakers. The Rotel you mentioned has no remote by the way.

peterpiper

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
seems that what he said, if that was me I would stick with the marantz until more options can be had, but a demo of the other two against the pm6004 is needed before he wastes money, unless he just wants a different sound rather than an noticable upgrade in all area, i think a bigger spend is needed to improve on the marantz like the creek amp,

TRENDING THREADS