Upgrading my current system

marsh2306

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade my current system, which comprises a Cyrus CD7Q with a PSX-R that runs through a Prima Luna Prologue 2 Amp. I like the system and I'm largely happy with it, but I'd ready to invest a little to improve it further.

This may sound like a very silly question (and I'll apologise in advance), but would a sensible upgrade path be to purchase a Cyrus DAC and run my existing CD tplayer hrough the DAC, using it just as a transport moving forwards?

Would that work and is this a sensible upgrade path?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Marsh

marsh2306

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have Kef reference two's, of which I am very fond.

In truth, I am findamentally happy with the system and want to make tweaks to it, rather than replace components. I had considered replacing my cd player with a Cyrus CD8 SE, but would consider adding a DAC, assuming I could use my existing player as a transport, if that isn't a stupid suggestion and I'd say my realistic budget for tweaks is probably £5-600...

Regards

Marsh

marsh2306

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have Kef reference two's, of which I am very fond.

In truth, I am findamentally happy with the system and want to make tweaks to it, rather than replace components. I had considered replacing my cd player with a Cyrus CD8 SE, but would consider adding a DAC, assuming I could use my existing player as a transport, if that isn't a stupid suggestion and I'd say my realistic budget for tweaks is probably £5-600...

Regards

Marsh

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
My advice would be go and hear how good a streamer can sound, from Cyrus, Linn or Naim.......and if you think it's an improvement, save up for the extra.

marsh2306

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your advice, but could I add a DAC to my existing system?

Alternatively, I hear that Cyrus are introducing a Signature XT transport that is available as a factory upgrade and I'm considering that too.

Some clarity on the DAC would be good as I'm not that technical!

Marsh

T

the record spot

Yes, you could add a DAC. It may not be worth the outlay. Best thing to do is to hear for yourself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts