Upgrade from Chord Crimson Plus

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
ruskiru said:
Follow up is I tried the Chameleon Plus, didn't like it at all. I anyone's interested, I commented on the review here on Whathifi. Back to the Crimson Plus. Probably I'll stick with that. The sound is great and while there might be something better out there, not sure I've got the energy to look for it. Better to listen to some music :)

Yup, the Crimson Plus is a very good cable for the money. I use it DVD to amp, but if you want to give your system a real kick up the mains flex, grab yourself some Merlin Chopins. I use these CD to amp and compared to the Chord cables they offer more transparency and insight, along with deep, controlled bass.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

The csp needs time to burn in (50-100hrs), intially it sounds closed in and then it opens up offering more detail. I found it superior to the chord crimson in every way, more inner detail more open overall with a deeper soundstage, with more air and space up top, more extension at the extremes and just more musical.

Other interconnects you could try kimber pbj/timbre or you wanting more open brighter sounding interconnects but leaner try Nordost blue heaven.

Cheers

Steve.

T

the record spot

Of course, the NBH is a silver based cable, so potentially substantially different from the others.

ruskiru

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I gave the Chameleon Plus 6 weeks, 8 hrs a day. Technically, better than the Crimson I agree, more open and a deeper soundstage. But I wouldn't say more musical. I listen a lot to classical, and the Crimson conveys the subtleties and emotion of the music in a way the Chameleon can only hope for. The Chameleon is more wam bam slam, which is great for pop and dance. But then this kind of thing is very subjective and system dependent, so I guess there's no right or wrong.

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
jaxwired said:
I use Chord Crimson interconnects myself. I have tried more expensive interconnects including the Chameleon SP but perfer the Crimson. It's a fantastic interconnect. And yes, they do sound different.

Hi,

I am playing the interconnect game and loosing at the moment.

After a few I am finding I like the Crimson more. Tried Linn Silver, VDH First Ultimate, Mark Grant G1500HD.

Crimson seems fast, detailed and well balanced. Ok soundstage not as good as others but it is an exciting and musical sound coming from my speakers.

Why did you prefer Crimson over Chameleon please jaxwired? Reason is that I am thinking of trying (ebay) Chameleon and wonder if I might find the same as you.

I should probably just stick with Crimson but fancy one last experiment.

Cheers

Ambrose

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts