Unusual HDMI problem with my 2400es

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
For some reason I am not getting video or sound from my PS3 and Sky HD box when played through the receiver. When I connect these devices (via HDMI) directly to the TV they're fine. Specically with the sky box the receivers display flickers between linear pcm and a bunch of dashes. I've tried a bunch of troubleshotting steps to no avail. The link between the receiver and TV is fine as I can bring the GUI up.

Anyone got any ideas while I wait for amazon to respond?

Cheers.

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
So amazon say they will refund me or replace this but since its out of stock they say I could be waiting for up to 3 months until I can get a new one.

Are there any new Sony ES receivers due out later this year?

Dr Badger

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
A couple of suggestions...
[*] Have you tried changing the HDMI leads around (or at least unplugging them and re-trying)?[*]For PS3 sound set-up, I read here that you can get the PS3 sounds setings to output compatiable sound signals to your AV receiver by holding down the power button (on the front) for ~6 seconds, and then the PS3 sends some 'intelligent' and sensible sound output settings to your AV amp/receiver.[*]With Sky boxes, apparantly you can only get stereo sound via the HDMI connection. For surround sound, you need to connect your Sky box to your amp. via an optical lead (or coaxial or whatever other connections you have available).

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Dr Badger. I tried a lot of troubleshooting steps to no avail. Thankfully amazon are going to give me a refund as they have no new stock.

I'm actually thinking about shelling out a lot more money and getting a 5400es or similar.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts