Virgin TiVo V6 not playing through AV receiver

bigrich55

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I had my TiVo box upgraded to the latest V6 and it doesn't play through my A/V receiver which is a Sony STR-DN1080. I get an error message on TV screen saying the 'content cannot be displayed' and 'to display connect with the hdmi input which supports HDCP 2.2 on the TV'. When I connect direct from the TiVo box to the tv it works fine through the same input on the tv and my blu ray player plays fine through the receiver to the same input. Can this be fixed or do I have a faulty TiVo box or do I need to swap it back to the old school TiVo box and forgo the benefits of the upgraded TiVo?

Samd

bigrich55 said:
I had my TiVo box upgraded to the latest V6 and it doesn't play through my A/V receiver which is a Sony STR-DN1080. I get an error message on TV screen saying the 'content cannot be displayed' and 'to display connect with the hdmi input which supports HDCP 2.2 on the TV'. When I connect direct from the TiVo box to the tv it works fine through the same input on the tv and my blu ray player plays fine through the receiver to the same input. Can this be fixed or do I have a faulty TiVo box or do I need to swap it back to the old school TiVo box and forgo the benefits of the upgraded TiVo?

You will have 2 HDMI cables, 1 from TIVO to Sony and 1 from Sony to TV - one of which might be suspect for 2.2. See below from CNet

If it works, it works. There's no "partial HDR" or "blurry 4K." HDMI is all or nothing. If you are getting 4K HDR, different cables won't make it look better. That's not how HDMI works.

If you're not getting 4K HDR, check all your settings. That's the most likely culprit. That said, it's possible for the cable to work fine with 1080p, and not give you a signal with 4K (giving you a black or flickering screen). It's possible for you to set 4K on all your gear, have it try to work and then default back to 1080p.

Annoyingly, there's no way to tell if your current cables will work with HDR just by looking at them. You'll have to try them and see. Assuming your TV is capable of showing HDR (check the manual), if the settings are correct on your source and you're watching HDR video, your TV should give you some indication that it's displaying HDR.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Also make sure your TIVO is connected to a HDCP2.2 compatible HDMI input on your AVR. I can't find an image here that will tell me if all your AVR's inputs are compatible or not. On some AVRs all HDMI inputs are, on others only one or two are.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts