• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Question Please help - a Denon AV receiver issue driving me mad!

TheRooster

Jul 24, 2020
Hi - Not a massive issue but ive tried everything. I have a Denon 6400 AV receiver and with the Sky input everything works fine...but when I switch the amp to the Apple TV 4K I loose all the on screen display info - , no volume displayed on the TV etc.

I have gone into the menu into video settings and the on screen display is switched on, the HDMI control is switched on but I cant see anything else which would stop the amp info displaying on the TV just for that 1 input ??

Thanks

abacus

Sep 24, 2008
Make sure no video scaling is turned on for that input.

Unplug the Apple TV HDMI and see if the problem persists, as it may be a setting on the Apple TV Box.

If the problem persists with the Apple TV Box disconnected, you can try resetting the Receiver back to factory settings (NOTE: All you setups will need to be redone) to see if this fixes the problem.

Bill

TheRooster

Jul 24, 2020
Make sure no video scaling is turned on for that input.

Unplug the Apple TV HDMI and see if the problem persists, as it may be a setting on the Apple TV Box.

If the problem persists with the Apple TV Box disconnected, you can try resetting the Receiver back to factory settings (NOTE: All you setups will need to be redone) to see if this fixes the problem.

Bill
Thanks for the info Bill - I did what you said and unpugged the HDMI and yes it started working again. I went through every setting on the Apple TV 4K box and nothing fixed the issue. I have now plugged the Apple TV into HDMI 3 (blue Ray) and it all works again so looks like input 2 might have had it! All is working now though but doesnt do a great deal for my OCD having to click blu ray on the remote to access Apple TV. lol
Oh well what do you expect for £2300 :ROFLMAO:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts