Ultimate poll

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
We don't need politics ... we have Matthewpiano.

It's been almost a whole day and ... nothing. No over the top praise or heavy hearted comments on anything.

I'm getting worried.

It's got to be those oli 2's, elevated to such lofty heights as the best studio monitors ... just yesterday. Could it be that the first doubts are creeping in? Is the 'superb clarity' becoming an irritant? - On the other hand, does he perhaps like them so much that he's not even bothered to log in here today?

My guess is they are on the way out, to be replaced imminently.

Whot do you think?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
LMAO...

Behave yourself
emotion-5.gif
emotion-4.gif

matthewpiano

I am here, but I have been busy doing something called WORK, selling a fair few TVs. Also I am finding less that I feel the need to comment on at present

And I'm still delighted with the Oli 2s, although I don't quite recall describing them as 'the best studio monitors'.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
matthewpiano:I am here, but I have been busy doing something called WORK, selling a fair few TVs. Also I am finding less that I feel the need to comment on at present And I'm still delighted with the Oli 2s, although I don't quite recall describing them as 'the best studio monitors'.

As John Lewis said this morning in their ad, something along the lines of:

"When you're looking for a new 3D TV, there's one store that really jumps out"

Nice

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:

... And I'm still delighted with the Oli 2s, although I don't quite recall describing them as 'the best studio monitors'.

... on their way out then
emotion-1.gif

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
matthewpiano:I am here, but I have been busy doing something called WORK, selling a fair few TVs.

Off topic but has there been any interest expressed about 3D tv`s ?

A

Anonymous

What stands have you gone for Matt? My experience with standmounters is that 1/4 filled stands works best. If I fill mine the midrange becomes muddier and the sound possibly a bit flatter as a consequence. Just a wee bit in the bottom I think helps to plant them solidly. Oooh, I'd love some SA1 stands...

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
Yes i do like the SA1 with the stands very much - also i liked their sound as well in my two demo's but i went with the Neats in the end.

I sometimes wish i could own a number of items just to change when the whim suits me :)

matthewpiano

igglebert:What stands have you gone for Matt? My experience with standmounters is that 1/4 filled stands works best. If I fill mine the midrange becomes muddier and the sound possibly a bit flatter as a consequence. Just a wee bit in the bottom I think helps to plant them solidly. Oooh, I'd love some SA1 stands...

Apollo A2-5. Entry-level fodder really but they look great with the Oli 2s and they are a better height at 50cms than my 60cm Atacamas. I intend to get some Atabites eventually but they are doing a great job unfilled at present.

A

Anonymous

I use Apollo A4/6, the four column variant. Good stands for the money; budget indeed.

A

Anonymous

Partington stands look a bit industrial, but they work a treat. If you can get a second hand pair in black, they actually look good.

I'm sure they would make the spendors sing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts