Twisted Wire Cables

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone else hate those twisted wire cables? By which I mean the type that seem to so loved by Russ Andrews:

2030xl_3.jpg

I'm not a fan of the ones with braided sleeving also favoured by Russ Andrews.

A

Anonymous

If they work and make the system sound good, then couldn't care what they look like. Although, they do have to be in white to go round the skirting board, or an instalation type.

A

Anonymous

Really - that's interesting. I think they look cheap and tacky but each unto their own.

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Nope, they look ok to me, as I have them all in my system, speaker cables going all over the place, just look at the kimber monocle Xl, now what a cable.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Breeder:

Does anyone else hate those twisted wire cables? By which I mean the type that seem to so loved by Russ Andrews:

2030xl_3.jpg

I'm not a fan of the ones with braided sleeving also favoured by Russ Andrews.

Not at all. These are mine...

..They sound excellent and I won't be changing them any time soon.

Plus, once they're fitted who sees them anyway?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not sure why the problem with twisted wire configurations: after all, they offer better resistance to interference while keeping the construction simple, so what's not to like?

A

Anonymous

Like chris says, who sees them when they are set up?

Hide them around the skirting board, or under the carpet. Just don't let the cat chew on them, as my little bleeder does!

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
potboyslim:

Like chris says, who sees them when they are set up?

Hide them around the skirting board, or under the carpet. Just don't let the cat chew on them, as my little bleeder does!

I reckon it's your cat that's twisted - must think it's a rat! You didn't get it from a bloke down the pub did you?
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

On the subject of twisted wire cables just out of interest has anyone tried making up a pair of speaker cables using CAT5/6 network cable ?

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I have always loved my kimber cables. I have kimber 8tc and pbj, I think they both set a high standard sonically for their price.

Cheers

Steve.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
the_lhc:ESP2009:potboyslim:He is twisting my mellon man
emotion-4.gif

A bit like Mr. Grimsdale?

Try Ryder. Where did you get Norman Wisdom from?

Apparently "you're twisting my melon" was one of NW's favourite catchphrases (also attributed to one Steve McQueen). Possibly the derivation of Mr. Ryder's use of the phrase?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
2oldnslow:On the subject of twisted wire cables just out of interest has anyone tried making up a pair of speaker cables using CAT5/6 network cable ?

The cores are pretty tiny in UTP, there wouldn't be a lot of copper to carry the current in those.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
ESP2009:the_lhc:ESP2009:potboyslim:He is twisting my mellon man
emotion-4.gif

A bit like Mr. Grimsdale?

Try Ryder. Where did you get Norman Wisdom from?

Apparently "you're twisting my melon" was one of NW's favourite catchphrases (also attributed to one Steve McQueen). Possibly the derivation of Mr. Ryder's use of the phrase?

First I've heard of it!

TRENDING THREADS