TV standby / power consumptioin ???

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I got an LG 22LG30 LCD TV yesterday (for the kitchen). Even turning it off with the main power button seems to only put it into standby - it seems the only way I can really turn it off is to switch off the plug.

Now, I thought in this day and age where 'standby' is frowned up a modern set would at least have a 'proper' off function and I can't believe it'll only turn off onto standby.

So have things changed and has power consumtion on standby radically dropped ? I don't want to leave it on standby but it wall mounted so don't want to be reaching behind for the power plug every night...

Thanks

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Most manufacturers are working hard to reduce power consumption on standby, although I know some hi-fi manufacturers have re-instated power on/off switches in more convenient places on their kit so it's easier for users to switch the unit off completely if they so wish. Seems a little odd that your LG can't be switched off using the main power button - does the manual say anything about this?

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi Prof, sounds like you"ve got a bit of a rash, no seriously I guess you put everything to standby first, before switch off. so when you next switch on every thing returns to standby yeh? As both my bedroom Samsungs were in standby right from initial install. mind you only use 0.1watt in that mode.For my 50inch Panny and rest of my av set up is a different story. So might just follow your lead.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, I'm one of those evil people who leaves everything in standby (hey - I don't have a car so figure this is okay as a vice!). However, I mostly use them for lights and other devices I only use very occasionally where leaving in standby would really be a crime!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts