tv help for idiot students please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi.we are 9 medical students who share a large house. we want to buy a large tv 50in i think but have no idea what to buy.we have sky already installed and a pretty good dvd player (onkyo i think). but its just for sky really. been to all the shops but we are just baffled with high tech terms. (hi def, 1080,720,hdmi) you get the picture. we dont want a surround system just yet thats for another day. just a big tv for now can you please give us some advice? we can spend arround £1100

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

The Samsung PS50P96FD or LG PG6000 are good bets for that budget. ÿIf you shop around you can get some good deals.

Good luck!ÿ

A

Anonymous

The PS50P96 is discontinued so it would be hard to find a shop that has them instock, best option if your not going to invest in Sky HD or a Blu-Ray Player would be the Samsung PS50A457, I wouldn't reccommend one of the LG's even though they are available at very good prices, because on most of their plasma range there is noticeable picture noise.

But if you were looking to go for a Blu-Ray player or just want the best possible picture for your budget then id reccommend the Samsung PS50A656 or Panasonic TH50PZ80B which can be found just in your budget.

Hope This Helps

A

Anonymous

thanks for that info, i seem to remember someone mentioned bluray and it looks pretty cool as well but its the big tv we want for now. if ever you need your splean removed im your man.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi

You could also consider looking at projectors. They have come down in price and give you that extra large picture, easier on the eye with a large hangover so common with students from what I can tell by dealing with them here in Bournemouth.

Brightness should'nt be a problem either as you probably rarely get out of bed before late afternoon ;-)

regards

A

Anonymous

considering some of us have trouble with remotes projectors are a no no.as for the spelling i had a hangover when we coverd that bit but dont knock it i know a few surgeons who dont know their ass from their elbows

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
good with knives:considering some of us have trouble with remotes projectors are a no no.as for the spelling i had a hangover when we coverd that bit but dont knock it i know a few surgeons who dont know their ass from their elbows

Oh dear,cannot spell it and with a hangover-place your trust in this knife if you will.

But back to the original post.Go for the Panasonic 50 inch plasma.Good value -great picture.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts