Turntables - New versus "Vintage"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

agaskew

Jan 2, 2023
Visit site
i would highly recommend going for a second hand Linn Sondek for as much as you can afford and you will have the opportunity to add upgrades in the future, i did this myself back in 2003 and never regretted :)
If I ever win the lottery I would. However, I look at the Sondek a bit like an old Land Rover when I hear about people servicing, replacing and upgrading so many parts - power supply, bearing, arm board, power supply. It begins to sound like Trigger's broom in Only Fools and Horses ;)

Reactions: camcroft
If I ever win the lottery I would. However, I look at the Sondek a bit like an old Land Rover when I hear about people servicing, replacing and upgrading so many parts - power supply, bearing, arm board, power supply. It begins to sound like Trigger's broom in Only Fools and Horses ;)
Yes, that reference crops up quite often!

Linn suggest now that it’s a modular design to enable upgrades over time, but that’s just re-writing history, in my opinion. Nobody ever imagined it would still be around fifty years ago, and it’s significantly better today as each weak area has been addressed over the years.

Reactions: Al ears and agaskew
Yes, that reference crops up quite often!

Linn suggest now that it’s a modular design to enable upgrades over time, but that’s just re-writing history, in my opinion. Nobody ever imagined it would still be around fifty years ago, and it’s significantly better today as each weak area has been addressed over the years.
Every weak area has been addressed by costly amendments...., It's never been able to compete with similar priced alternatives, in my humble opinion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts