Trying to Convince 7/8 ft distance OK for 42ins TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm trying to convince a friend of mine that watching a 42ins TV from about 7/8ft will be OK.

Can you please give your views on this, as the more he sees others responding that it's OK....he might just accept what I've said to him. Thanks

A

Anonymous

As long as your friend is a friend and not your girlfriend / fiancee / wife you've got a good chance !

There is just no convincing your female partner that a massive tv is gonna accentuate our (read her) living room.

emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

My brother has a 428xd and is situated about 6 foot from where he sits. I was sitting about 8/9 feet away and it seemed fine, but when i sat where he was sitting, i could see a small amount of definition loss/blur to the image. not enough to annoy, but i still noticed it. I think it really depends on the type of panel?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="alberto17"]

There is just no convincing your female partner that a massive tv is gonna accentuate our (read her) living room.

[/quote]

Or maybe you're not very convincing/don't know the right women! Our 80in projector screen is essential to our living room, and my female friends love coming round to watch movies....
emotion-2.gif

But going back to the original topic. It all depends on the quality of set and content - you could sit that close to a great TV showing HD or brilliantly upscaled SD content, but a poor set showing poor SD material is at risk of looking far worse at such close a range.

A

Anonymous

Yes, I have a 32" Panasonic. It's about 8 feet away for normal viewing. I have tried rigging up the PC to test out some HD content and it still looks excellent at 5 feet away so I say go for it. As Clair says, make sure it's a good one though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts