admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi , can anyone help me please.

Set up Loewe Tv, Loewe Blu-ray,Onkyo 606 & Kef 2005.3 7:1

Whilst all hdmi leads are connected I seem to have trouble obtaining True HD. Just tried to watch Transporter 3 on blu-ray withot success, even selecting True Hd via Blu-ray player.

It seems I can only view Dolby PL11x and varients.

I am a layman so please keep advice simple!

Thanks.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
stephen m:
Hi , can anyone help me please.

Set up Loewe Tv, Loewe Blu-ray,Onkyo 606 & Kef 2005.3 7:1

Whilst all hdmi leads are connected I seem to have trouble obtaining True HD. Just tried to watch Transporter 3 on blu-ray withot success, even selecting True Hd via Blu-ray player.

It seems I can only view Dolby PL11x and varients.

I am a layman so please keep advice simple!

Thanks.
Hi Stephen,

Some blurays do not default to True HD even though they are encoded in this audio, have you tried going into the menu of Transporter 3 & selected True HD on that?

Try that first Stephen then let me know how you get on...

A

Anonymous

Hi Jase,

Have tried that but without success. I am sure I am not getting all the sound options through the Onkyo so believe there must be somthing wrong.

Thanks.

Steve

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, not meaning to teach you to suck eggs but make sure your BDP is set to output at 1080p not auto, as sometimes (my setup) sees the reciever as a non HD device and defaults to SD (which cannot carry HD Audio).

Also make sure your HDMI cables are v1.3 which caters for the higher bandwidths used

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Well with that failing Stephen, i was going to suggest the points that True Blue has mentioned but if they dont work i cant think what else the problem could be?

What HDMI cables are you using out of interest?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Have you tried scrolling through the onk movie sound settings? Reason I ask is that when i first watched a blu ray with a 5.1 True HD soundtrack everything was fine, i then watched a dvd and in order to get sound from all 7.1 speakers i changed the sound setting on the amp, problem i had was when i watched another blu ray the onk had defaulted to the last setting so i had to scroll through the amp movie options to get it to display True HD again.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. As you've got the same amp and 7.1 speaker setup, perhaps you can clarify the sound settings. The onkyo shows last valid ( under listening mode presets). Should they be showing direct, if not, what else and do all need to be changed. Still new to this and the handbooks are not exactly clear

Many thanks.

nads

first set the BD to bit stream. and things like secondard Audio (if it has it) to off them put a disc it select the HD track and then see what the Onk says.

"Last valid" settings depend on what you want the amp to do.

A

Anonymous

Hi Steve, I have a 606 and i watched (rented) Transporter 3. This disc does default to Dolby True HD and so it suggests the set up probelm is with the bluray player.

Dolby Pro-logic IIx suggets you are getting a 2 channel PCM feed from the player.

As suggested by others, you need to visit the player's set up menu and go for

Audio Out >>>>HDMI Output >>>>>Bitstream

NOTE the Loewe menu has an option PCM (stereo) and PCM (surround) NEITHER of which you want if you want the Onkyo amp to do the decoding. A 'bitstream' is an undecoded signal sent via a digital (e.g.HDMI) means which is then decoded by the 'thing' on the end of the link.

P.S. if you press the 'Pure Audio' on the Onkyo - near to the On/Off button (far left) - you will get a pretty blue light as well as bypassing some of the unnecessary audio circuitry within the Onkyo. The Dolby True HD signal will still show on the Onkyo's display.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Hi Shreddy, On the set up menu I selected Audio Out and HDMI output and the only options were Auto or PCM (SURROUND) and not Bitstream. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve.

nads

what is the model of the BD player? a link to the manual so we can see what might need setting. Also what discs are you trying to use so we can test with them.

the problem is not may people have the player but many have Onk amps.

A

Anonymous

Sorry Steve but I had to guess what Loewe bluray player you had and I downloaded a manual and read off the settings hoping the Loewe's had a common menu set-up.

You need to tell us the Loewe bluray player model for further investigation.

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi I found this...

Where this deck seriously lets itself down is in the audio department.
Despite the prestige pricing, Loewe offers buyers only the most
rudimentary of hi-def audio options. Dolby TrueHD soundtracks can be
output from the player as Linear PCM over HDMI or 5.1 phono audio,
depending on how your AV amplifier is equipped to receive them. Be
careful with the menu system - it offers two options, Auto and PCM, and
if you select Auto, the player will bitstream out only regular Dolby
Digital 5.1 or DTS core. There is no support for the lossless DTS codec.

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the help. Can confirm model is Blutech Vision model number 015791739.

Wish I was able to establish whether the problem is the amp or the player?

Thanks once again.

Steve

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the advice.

Have you got this player and if so what are you outputting? Also with regards to the onyo amp inputs do you know what these should be to output true HD?

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts