Question Triangle Borea BR03 vs Martin Logan 35 XTi

valkyrieorion

Sep 8, 2020
Visit site
Looking at either a new set of Triangle Borea BR03 on sale for $599 CDN or an open box set of Martin Logan 35 XTI for $1199.99 . I currently have a Yamaha WXA-50 integrated amp and ML Dynamo 1000 sub but will need another one or something different as they are powering my ML Motion 4i with the TV.
I will be using either the BR03 or 35XTI's in a nearfield setup on a desk about 12-24 inches from a wall and about 40 inches apart and myself sitting 24-30 inches away. I like the ML 4i clarity and sound overall so I feel like I have an idea of the Martin Logan sound signature. Most of my listening is going to be AAC or Apple Loss less and gaming with a bit of movie watching.
I can't go demo either speaker as I live about 10 hours away from the local shop if I wanted to actually go in. I've read and watched lots of favorable reviews of the BR03 with a couple mentioning they do well at low volumes which I would like in the evening. I haven't found a whole lot of reviews on the 35 XTi or from the same review sites or youtube reviews. Just wondering if anyone has heard both and have impressions.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

rainsoothe

I haven't heard the Triangles, but first of all they're pretty big for desktop use, and secondly, the ML are in a completely different league. I know the 35 xti are small, but I don't know how they would fare in desktop use, where there's all kinds of reflections, but I guess stuff can be corrected via DSP as well. Some reviews say that they can be a bit fatiguing after long sessions (I only sat through 4-5 songs with them), but it might have been a bad partnership with the reviewer's Parasound integrated. Also, ribbon tweeters can be truly wonderful in nearfield.

Reactions: valkyrieorion

valkyrieorion

Sep 8, 2020
Visit site
I decided to go with the Martin Logans as they took another $100 off for me. I just felt like the Triangle might be a bit too big, and a 5 year warranty vs 1 year. I really like the Motion 4i in near field use and I have a bit of space to keep away from the wall.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts