Triangle borea BR 02 or Klipsch rp500m?

robdmarsh

It's that time of year again. The time of year when I get the itch to try new speakers. My current ones (Elac debut b5) are great but they could be a bit more revealing up top. Then again, I hate brightness in a speaker so maybe this is a big ask for a budget under £500.
I've chosen these two models because size wise they are about perfect - the next models up in both of their lines would be too big , and because I think they both possess sound characteristics I would enjoy while being quite distinct from one another.
Anyone heard or owns either of these?

Even if they do they cannot really say how they are going to sound in your set-up. You need to pick speakers that you can actually audition rather than on size alone, but I guess you knew that.
certainly more information required about what you are driving them with etc.

Gray

...but they could be a bit more revealing up top. Then again, I hate brightness in a speaker...
Given the above, I'd say comparing the two (ideally with your amp in your room) is essential for you.
What do you think about your amp by the way?

I think one of the latest Mission QX standmounts might be worth hearing (I've got no idea if it would suit your taste in treble, but I was once happy with the little Mission 700 - even if it did look like it was upside down).

Reactions: Al ears

robdmarsh

Thanks for your answers guys.
Well, in answer to partnering equipment I'm using my trusty old Marantz mcr603 (30 wpc) with Yamaha wxc50 mainly streaming Amazon music HD. I think I've said before, I love the sound of the Marantz and Yamaha and am loath to upgrade. I even tried an Audiolab 6000A, a much higher end piece of kit, and didn't like the sound as much. I don't know, it could be I'm used to the sound.
Anyway, the Elacs are nigh on perfect to my ears but what they do miss is more detail in the treble. Some would say I should try Debut reference or even Unifi reference if I like the Elac sound but I don't think my amplifier has enough grunt to drive these. Also, they are both bigger boxes and the size of br02 or rp500m would be perfect.
My listening space is not ideal but the acoustic properties of the room are quite good - neither too harsh nor too damped.
My musical tastes are indie, 60s and 70s rock, alt country, jazz and some classical

TRENDING THREADS