Total Fantasy

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
All other things aside - meaning the rest of the setup is perfect and support isn't an issue etc etc, if you had £2k to spend on a tt/arm/cart, what would get your cash???

I'm interested to see where people come down on this, as there is so much variety... I know that for me, design would have to factor...

not trying to start a fight, so let's keep it light!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
A mint condition, serviced, perfectly working Technics SL-10 with the remainder of the £2K comprised of useful spares and stylii etc.

Or - pushing the budget a bit - an Inspire Hi-fi Enigma for £2170 + Rega RB202 (or some other cheap 'starter' arm).

A never used Technics SL-1210 M5G with as many Inspire Hi-Fi tweaks as I can get within the budget.

I could even be tempted to buy some old albums (pretty ones from the 1950s) to watch as they go around :)

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
For my part, I have always desired a Michell Gyro. They just look fabulous.... I've never heard one, so it could well be that when I do, I prefer something else entirely... For as long as I have remembered being interested in HIFI, I wanted Cyrus kit. When I first could afford something decent, I was so relieved that I liked the sound of the amp with the CD72!!!

I hope when I am able to afford a £2k turntable, the same is true of the Michell....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts