Tomorrows The Day

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Well it's demo day tomorrow and this is what I have narrowed my selection down to....very handy having a Practical Hi-Fi store right next door :) although probably very dangerous!!!

Cyrus 8XPD Amp and Cyrus 8SE CD Player with Spendor SA1's and A5's

Sugden A21 Amp and CD with Spendor SA1's and A5's

I am still debating whether to throw Naim into the mix as well but would have to Demo at a different store.

So I have CD's at the ready and a couple of hours to kill.....I'm expecting great things :)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
What music do you listen to James?

I demo'd the Cyrus separates on Saturday with the Spendor A6 speakers as well as some Dynaudio speakers and B&W CM9's and they blew me away!

Damn shame I cant afford them at this time!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
d_a_n1979:What music do you listen to James?

I demo'd the Cyrus separates on Saturday with the Spendor A6 speakers as well as some Dynaudio speakers and B&W CM9's and they blew me away!

I just couldn't have those cheap looking shoe boxes on my rack, regardless of the sound. I wish they would make them look nicer. The size is not the issue but the finish and the 80's green LED.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:d_a_n1979:What music do you listen to James?

I just couldn't have those cheap looking shoe boxes on my rack, regardless of the sound. I wish they would make them look nicer. The size is not the issue but the finish and the 80's green LED.

Pah... What you like?!?!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
d_a_n1979:Gerrardasnails:d_a_n1979:What music do you listen to James?

Pah... What you like?!?!

I know it should be all about the music but >£1k a box and they would have to look beautiful too.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Jason36:

Well it's demo day tomorrow and this is what I have narrowed my selection down to....very handy having a Practical Hi-Fi store right next door :) although probably very dangerous!!!

Cyrus 8XPD Amp and Cyrus 8SE CD Player with Spendor SA1's and A5's

Sugden A21 Amp and CD with Spendor SA1's and A5's

I am still debating whether to throw Naim into the mix as well but would have to Demo at a different store.

So I have CD's at the ready and a couple of hours to kill.....I'm expecting great things :)

I think you should throw in some PMCs or ProAcs

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi d_a_n1979 - my musical tastes are varried and cover pretty much everything from Bob Dylan through to Razorlight and such.

I agree that the size is putting me off the cyrus and I have also been told that in reality the sugden combo with the A5's will blow the cyrus kit out of the water....and this guy listens and owns cyrus.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Jason36:
Hi d_a_n1979 - my musical tastes are varried and cover pretty much everything from Bob Dylan through to Razorlight and such.

I agree that the size is putting me off the cyrus and I have also been told that in reality the sugden combo with the A5's will blow the cyrus kit out of the water....and this guy listens and owns cyrus.

I wouldnt take that comment into too much context as it all depends on your hearing!

I'm a huge Arcam fan so shouldnt like Cyrus but I think theyre superb (my other halfs system is Cyrus 8vs2, XPower, 8SE CDp and B&W CM7 speakers); they gel so well!

Go in with an open mind, listen a lot, drink coffee and then leave with an empty wallet but with a hugh grin!

A

Anonymous

Jason36:I agree that the size is putting me off the cyrus and I have also been told that in reality the sugden combo with the A5's will blow the cyrus kit out of the water....and this guy listens and owns cyrus.
I got my Cyrus Pre XPd a couple of days ago - it's good!

There's no doubt that the Cyrus units fall a long way short of the quality of finish and feel that one would expect for the price, but as the units just sit there on the shelf, the only contact with them via infra-red, it's not really a problem. The sound quality is the priority.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts