Toe In vs Straight Ahead

Rollo

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
Morning All, I know there are so many variables in this subject ie speakers, wave guides, electronics and rooms etc. So was just after a generally concensus. I have played around a fair bit from 10 feet separation toed in equilaterally. 8 feet separation slightly toed in. And now 6 feet separation firing straight ahead. And the latter is by far my favourite. I feel I get just as wide soundstage but far more depth to the sound in this configuration. What set up do you prefer? All the best!

michael hoy

Happy with no toe in with my Dali's. Also Dali recommend using them straight facing.
When used for stereo music listening the vocals do not sound as though they are coming from the speaker but from a space in front and centred.

Reactions: Rollo
It's all personal preference really, even some speakers that are recommended to be used straight ahead sounds better with a little toe in when used in certain circumstances.
Mine are currently toed in very slightly so crossover point is actually behind my listening position.
Works for me....

Reactions: scene

scene

It's all personal preference really, even some speakers that are recommended to be used straight ahead sounds better with a little toe in when used in certain circumstances.
Mine are currently toed in very slightly so crossover point is actually behind my listening position.
Works for me....
Agree, it's whatever sounds best to you, and depends on shape of room, acoustics of the room, listening position and psychoacoustics and the speakers and their distance from rear and side walls.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts