THX set up for new telly

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

I have read several times in the magazine that various DVD's "Star Wars, Pirates of the Carribean etc" have a feature to set up your new screen using this THX thingy!

Where is it please!!!, I have looked on loads of disks including some Satr Wars ones and others recommended and I can't find it anywhere....

Any help or advice appreciated

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It's on every THX certified DVD. For exampe, you'll find it on Star Wars Episode II: Send in the Clones, and also on discs such as Jean Michel Jarre's Live in China Forbidden City concert DVD, which is worth having as a THX workout in its own right. There's usually just a THX logo on the main menu, hidden somewhere down at the bottom.

There's a list of THX certified DVDs here.

jetjohnson

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
...Interesting list Andrew....since I've just bought an Onkyo 875 (with THX capability) I wondered do these discs sound better than their non THX brethren? and which ones will give my new system a good shakedown?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'd try the Jean Michel Jarre disc already mentioned, James Cameron's Ghosts of the Abyss, Signs, Japanese movie Swing Girls, and The Nightmare Before Christmas

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
the Digital Video Essentials DVD is also a excelent tool for both setting up your screen and sound system and far more indepth than the THX optimumiser on the Star Wars dvds anad well worth the £15 it costs.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I've tried in vain to access THX Optimizer on THX Certified DVDs Star Wars Trilogy. There isn't any mention of it. Is it me? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the advice but like the last poster, several of the DVD's mentioned that have this feature I just can't seem to find it on them. I think I have spent far to long looking at my new telly and it must have driven me mad!

Some specific description e.g Star Wars 1, main menu screen, bottom left hand corner ...etc etc, would eb really useful. Thanks for all the help people, cheers

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="trevorfenn"]Some specific description e.g Star Wars 1, main menu screen, bottom left hand corner ...etc etc, would eb really useful. Thanks for all the help people, cheers[/quote]

Right then here goes!

1 - Get Star Wars EP1 Phantom Menace and put the movie disc into the player.

2 - On the Main MENU there are 3 options PLAY MOVIE, CHAPTER SELECT and LANGUAGE SELECT. Chose the LANGUAGE SELECT option

3 - In the bottom right of the screen there is now a THX logo, press your remote until this is highlighted and et vola!

PS before anyone says they don't have Star Wars Episode 1 only 2,3,4,5,or 6, the process is exactly the same on the movie disc.
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks from me too, I have finally found it!

It was looking for it under the "language selection" that no one had pointed out before that finally solved it for me.

All your help was much appreciated

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts