Three things

John Duncan

Well-known member
1) Congratulations on your coverage. It outpaced the Guardian's, and engadget was down most of the time as far as I could see. Amazon rocks, doesn't it?

2) iPhone 4Szzzzzzzz

3) $99 for a 4? Firstly, sell HTC and Nokia. Secondly, wish I'd sold my 4 last week in anticipation...
 

Paul.

Well-known member
Bit disappointed, but you have to laugh at the chineese companies stuck with 10s of thousands of iPhone 5 cases! Saw one company online giving them away free with a few bucks postage.
 

Clare Newsome

New member
Jun 4, 2007
1,657
0
0
Visit site
John Duncan said:
1) Congratulations on your coverage. It outpaced the Guardian's, and engadget was down most of the time as far as I could see. Amazon rocks, doesn't it? 2) iPhone 4Szzzzzzzz 3) $99 for a 4? Firstly, sell HTC and Nokia. Secondly, wish I'd sold my 4 last week in anticipation...

1) thanks - Messrs Clough and Cox played a blinder :)

2) But the extra details re IOS5 look very promising

3) cheap iPhone plus stalk-your-kids software will see lot of parents pick it for their kids, no? And with instant messaging the kids might even want it...
 

Clare Newsome

New member
Jun 4, 2007
1,657
0
0
Visit site
bigboss said:
To be fair, disappointment stems from all the rumours people were fed. Apple has released a better version of the iPhone with really cool features.

We were right to trail the iPod news though... Farewell Classic!
 
John Duncan said:
1) Congratulations on your coverage. It outpaced the Guardian's, and engadget was down most of the time as far as I could see. Amazon rocks, doesn't it? 2) iPhone 4Szzzzzzzz 3) $99 for a 4? Firstly, sell HTC and Nokia. Secondly, wish I'd sold my 4 last week in anticipation...

No idea...

Beam me up, JD.
smiley-smile.gif
 

chebby

Well-known member
Jun 2, 2008
1,255
26
19,220
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
John Duncan said:
1) Congratulations on your coverage. It outpaced the Guardian's, and engadget was down most of the time as far as I could see. Amazon rocks, doesn't it? 2) iPhone 4Szzzzzzzz 3) $99 for a 4? Firstly, sell HTC and Nokia. Secondly, wish I'd sold my 4 last week in anticipation...

No idea...

Beam me up, JD.
smiley-smile.gif

Don't you ever go to the 'home' page or 'News'?
 
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:
John Duncan said:
1) Congratulations on your coverage. It outpaced the Guardian's, and engadget was down most of the time as far as I could see. Amazon rocks, doesn't it? 2) iPhone 4Szzzzzzzz 3) $99 for a 4? Firstly, sell HTC and Nokia. Secondly, wish I'd sold my 4 last week in anticipation...

No idea...

Beam me up, JD.
smiley-smile.gif

Don't you ever go to the 'home' page or 'News'?

Rarely. Only read what's pertinent to my needs, and I've worked over 11 hours today. The last thing I want at this time of night is gizmos...
 

Paul.

Well-known member
bigboss said:
To be fair, disappointment stems from all the rumours people were fed. Apple has released a better version of the iPhone with really cool features.

Oh I agree completely, little embaressed I helped spread those rumours on threads here. Supprised at how badly wall street journal dropped the ball, they usually get fed good material. Yet less than an an hour after the anouncement they bring the headline '
Apple Underwhelms With iPhone 4S'. Its arguable they were the source of the mainstream iPhone 5 rumours! That was the source of my 'dissapointed' comment.
It looks like assistant wont work on the iPhone 4 however. If its as good as it looks I may need to upgrade after all...
 

Clare Newsome

New member
Jun 4, 2007
1,657
0
0
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Only read what's pertinent to my needs, and I've worked over 11 hours today. The last thing I want at this time of night is gizmos...

Odd, then, that you chose to post in the Apple iPhone section of our Smartphones and Tablets forum :)
 
Clare Newsome said:
plastic penguin said:
Only read what's pertinent to my needs, and I've worked over 11 hours today. The last thing I want at this time of night is gizmos...

Odd, then, that you chose to post in the Apple iPhone section of our Smartphones and Tablets forum :)

Intrigued by the title. When I read it I couldn't make 'head nor tail' of it, hence my post
 

Clare Newsome

New member
Jun 4, 2007
1,657
0
0
Visit site
Come on PP, it was only joshing...

Go and get some rest after your long day; lord knows I understand it's sometimes tough to *get* Internet humour when you're knackered
 

Fuzzy Bear

New member
Jan 19, 2009
29
0
0
Visit site
I guess thousands of people are feeling a little bit annoyed by Apple tonight.

Whats the word on Tim Cooks performance ?

I really think unless you have a built in mic to headphones, instructing your phone to do things will seem silly. It's easy to say thats the main functionality of a phone, but you will have to watch the screen also, users will look silly ( imo)

I reckon many techies increasingly have DSLR's now so improved camera seems pointless. ( other companies do so I understand why)

Interesting they mentioned an F number though, never read that before on press relases and specifications.
 

Paul.

Well-known member
Fuzzy Bear said:
I reckon many techies increasingly have DSLR's now so improved camera seems pointless.

I have two SLRs, and take photos for a living, and all of my favorite photos come from my iPhone. As Chase Jarvis likes to say, the best camera is the one you have with you. I can see the phone killing the compact camera market for sure.
 

Fuzzy Bear

New member
Jan 19, 2009
29
0
0
Visit site
I personally carry my dslr on me all the time ( What an internet forum response sorry, haha, I am fairly sure most people dont though)

Killing the compact camera already I would assume, especially with internet, and sites like fb.

I think they are smart keeping it the same size. Most of these 4 inch screens are just to big.

Again I'm sure some people do but I have no desire to watch any video more than a few mins on a phone.
 

TRENDING THREADS