Thinking of replacing my PS3...

Nyorker

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I have been using it for both gaming and movies, but now I have less time to play..so I'm considering replacing it with a dedicated BD player. Is the PQ difference worth going that route?

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i dont think there's a huge difference in picture quality to be honest.. i have the release version ps3.. so it gets a bit noisey.. plus i wanted to ease off on the blu-ray drive as they can fail after a few years.. i use the ps3 now mainly as a media centre for music, videos and photo's.. my panasonic is quieter and does 3d with full hd audio.. so will hopefully keep me going for a while

Paul.

I have the original too, it is noisy! I was thinking of getting a sony 370 just for the bitstream audio, that and silent running is enough to justify £100 I think. I appreciate the video quality will be near identical.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Try this then here should be better than the ps3 in playback, audio, 3D & its wireless too so no need to pay £50+ for the dongle if you required it.

If i were you though i would consider an audition / demo 1st though on any BDP you may be considering.

Nyorker

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the helpful replies!

I hear people say, "wow, there is such a difference for the better!" when they switch to a dedicated player.

The BDP S370, S470 and S550 are the closest in the price range where I live.

The S570 isn't sold here, and if it were, it would probably cost at least 400-500...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts