The Wolf Man (Lon Chaney Jr) 1941

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
To coincide with the launch of their new updated version of the 1941 horror classic The Wolf Man just released in the Cinemas Universal Studios have also brought out their new 2010 DVD version of the 1941 original with Lon Chaney Jr

It's in 1:33;1 ratio which means you get the the thick side bars but I have to say how impressed I am by the great picture quality of the DVD which only cost me £3.98 from Amazon

Bearing in mind the film is 1941 the clarity of this black and white DVD is quite amazing

Just shows you that where there's a will there's a way and the studios are more than capable of producing quality pictures on both DVD and Blu Ray at the expense of just rushing out titles in a rush to make a quick buck and giving us poor quality DVD and Blu Ray pictures

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It heavily relies on how master tape has been stored during it's lifetime. Then it's down to whether the studios bother to do any work to that original (if needed), and then how sloppily it is transferred to DVD/Bluray. If the picture quality of the DVD is good, then roll on the Bluray!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts