Warner Blu-ray releases - Sherlock Holmes; Doctor Zhivago; Clash of the Titans!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Just got confirmation through on some forthcoming Warner Blu-ray titles, of which the most notable are:

Sherlock Holmes - out April 19th, as edition with DVD and digital copy included. Extras include Maximum Movie Mode with Guy Ritchie (tempting, huh? )£15.98 pre-order from Amazon.

Doctor Zhivago - May 10th. Rather worried that although mention is made of special new commentaries etc, there's no talk of massive restoration for this classic yet. Will do some digging on that...No pre-order option I can see yet.

And finally, for fans of Ray Harryhausen...

Clash of the Titans - first up, on March 15th. Available for pre-order from Amazon for a mere £11.85....

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
Clash of the Titans - first up, on March 15th. Available for pre-order from Amazon for a mere £11.85....

Me thinks the prices are still over the odds for mainstream take up, £5.99 would have been more realistic especially for this type of title and the anticipated releases for a 3DBD of £50 is just about disgraceful, not that I'll be suckered. I've yet to pay more than £10-12 for a current BD title and why are they pushing SD dvd with these titles, imho the main fact is, they're hoping people will buy it just to generate BD sales? Isn't that false accounting?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
As discussed before, the reason they add a DVD copy (and/or digital copy) is so buyers can watch the discs anywhere. So, for example, you may have a main Blu-ray system, but also want the option of watching the movie on your laptop, or a DVD system elsewhere.

For example, I know a lot of parents who really appreciate the inclusion of a DVD copy with family films - they can give that disc to the kids to watch/abuse while keeping the Blu-ray for special occasions/the main system.

TRENDING THREADS