The WHF Film Club

Page 56 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

strapped for cash said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I better stick it on eBay asap then. :)

You might decide to keep it!

You're right, I might well do.

I've ordered the remote to make my 120 multi region for dvd, so hopefully that will arrive in the next few days.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
strapped for cash said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I better stick it on eBay asap then. :)

You might decide to keep it!

You're right, I might well do.

I've ordered the remote to make my 120 multi region for dvd, so hopefully that will arrive in the next few days.

If it's like the one I used on my DVR, make sure someone doesn't knock your arm while you're doing it!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Hello :)

I notice there's been no discussion of Pan's Labyrinth as yet - I can watch that today as I haven't yet decided on my viewing choices for later as yet...

I have seen Delicatessen once before, but it was a good 20 years ago. Undecided whether to pick up the Bluray (I don't buy DVDs unless there is no Bluray available for a film), or just watch it on LoveFilm Instant.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BenLaw said:
If it's like the one I used on my DVR, make sure someone doesn't knock your arm while you're doing it!

:) What happened Ben?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

David@FrankHarvey said:
Hello :)

I notice there's been no discussion of Pan's Labyrinth as yet - I can watch that today as I haven't yet decided on my viewing choices for later as yet...

I have seen Delicatessen once before, but it was a good 20 years ago. Undecided whether to pick up the Bluray (I don't buy DVDs unless there is no Bluray available for a film), or just watch it on LoveFilm Instant.

I think we're all about ready to go on PL, though I left it a bit late last night to watch it, and fell asleep. :roll:

No rush with Delicatessen, we've got until the end of March to watch it.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I originally had the initial UK release, which disappointingly included Dolby Digital audio, which sounded fine, but reports were that other releases were far superior. I subsequently picked up the Guillermo Del Toro Collection (Pan's Labyrinth/Cronos/Devil's Backbone) when it popped up pretty cheap, which includes the DTS Master Audio soundtrack. I'm not sure which extras this comes with, I'll have to check later.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've just bought Cronos & Devils Backbone.

My 'to watch' pile is growing.

And nad next up on my kindle is The Strain, book by GdT. Part 1 of a trilogy.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
BenLaw said:

Haha, nothing but I'm guessing what you've bought is a 'single use' remote that disintegrates and becomes one with the ether after you press the button. I just got pretty stressed I'd sneeze or someone would walk through the door and block the IR path or something. Actually it went fine.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
richardw42 said:
I've just bought Cronos & Devils Backbone.

My 'to watch' pile is growing.

And nad next up on my kindle is The Strain, book by GdT. Part 1 of a trilogy.

Cronos to me seemed a great idea more than a great film. Devil's Backbone is brilliant though. Orphanage is also really great, although only produced by GDT. I recently watched Julia's Eyes, which is a well done chiller but fairly standard fare.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I haven't actually rewatched PL yet. If I don't get a chance tonight I should tomorrow, but if people want to start discussing it's not a problem as it won't be spoiling anything for me.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BenLaw said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
BenLaw said:

Haha, nothing but I'm guessing what you've bought is a 'single use' remote that disintegrates and becomes one with the ether after you press the button. I just got pretty stressed I'd sneeze or someone would walk through the door and block the IR path or something. Actually it went fine.

I've used single use ones in the past, and you're right, you get stupidly nervous when you use them. I do a similar thing when I notice a police car behind me, I'm doing nothing wrong, the van's all taxed, insured, and without fault, yet I turn into the worst driver in the world suddenly.

Luckily, this remote is multi-use. :)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

David@FrankHarvey said:
Halfway through The Andromeda Strain - finished PL hours ago - was that the quickest anyone has watched a Club film? (Que BBB)

:)

No, I watched Le Quattro Volte on fast forward because it was so dull.

I thank you. :cheers:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

expat_mike said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
No, I watched Le Quattro Volte on fast forward because it was so dull.

I thank you. :cheers:

I'm sure that I read that punchline somewhere else!

Apologies if I am not treating the joke with Gravitas. :cheers:

It was a repeat, and I have, and do apologise. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts