The systems I have...

PMWas

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I currently have two systems, one is my own, the second is shared with the rest of my family. Starting with the better one, I have a pair of some 6 year old KEF iQ3 lovely speakers connected to a nearly brand-new Onkyo A-9030 amplifier and a cheapish (but fine enough) Pioneer DVD player. The A-9030 arrived only 2 weeks ago replacing Sony 710R, and it's a very fine amp, that seems to have developed an instant, mutual understanding with iQs, Sony never did.

As for the Sony, it replaced a crappy, damaged Chinese amp in the second of my systems, one I have in my room. It currently consists of the Sony TA-FE710R mentioned above (MOS power amplifier, but average sound quality and prooved unreliable, probably due to the temperatures it can - normally! - reach), a 10 year old Philips DVD-763SA - a very well sounding player, sadly with it's electronics falling apart now (reseting the main board helped, but it still it hangs up sometimes) and Polish Tonsil Excellence bookshelf speakers, gentyl modified to make them sound a touch darker...

This system also has my antique Marantz CD-84 connected, and I sometimes use it as well...

Apart from the 84, this wole system needs replacement, but - apart from the economical reasons, I simply like the old 763, even with it's erratic behavior. Maybe I'll give the Tonsils (yes, I know how weird it sounds in English ;) ) to my brother and buy some speakers shortly, because I think they are the weakest part of the system (what can you expect from a $200 speakers - they still do very good for the price).

Anyway, to make my set of equippment complete, I bought some headphones, and currently I have AKG K66 and superb Beyerdynamic DT-880s.

Well, maybe except for the DTs, my systems probably won't impress anyone, but... they are surely (both) good enough to enjoy music :) .

D

Deleted member 2457

PMWas said:
I currently have two systems, one is my own, the second is shared with the rest of my family. Starting with the better one, I have a pair of some 6 year old KEF iQ3 lovely speakers connected to a nearly brand-new Onkyo A-9030 amplifier and a cheapish (but fine enough) Pioneer DVD player. The A-9030 arrived only 2 weeks ago replacing Sony 710R, and it's a very fine amp, that seems to have developed an instant, mutual understanding with iQs, Sony never did.

As for the Sony, it replaced a crappy, damaged Chinese amp in the second of my systems, one I have in my room. It currently consists of the Sony TA-FE710R mentioned above (MOS power amplifier, but average sound quality and prooved unreliable, probably due to the temperatures it can - normally! - reach), a 10 year old Philips DVD-763SA - a very well sounding player, sadly with it's electronics falling apart now (reseting the main board helped, but it still it hangs up sometimes) and Polish Tonsil Excellence bookshelf speakers, gentyl modified to make them sound a touch darker...

This system also has my antique Marantz CD-84 connected, and I sometimes use it as well...

Apart from the 84, this wole system needs replacement, but - apart from the economical reasons, I simply like the old 763, even with it's erratic behavior. Maybe I'll give the Tonsils (yes, I know how weird it sounds in English ;) ) to my brother and buy some speakers shortly, because I think they are the weakest part of the system (what can you expect from a $200 speakers - they still do very good for the price).

Anyway, to make my set of equippment complete, I bought some headphones, and currently I have AKG K66 and superb Beyerdynamic DT-880s.

Well, maybe except for the DTs, my systems probably won't impress anyone, but... they are surely (both) good enough to enjoy music :) .

Pictures, please. :wave:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts