The Mrs is gonna wack me one.......

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Finally I've made the plunge back in and have just bought some x display Sonus Faber Concerto Domus with A Chord Signature digital cable inc shipping for £1100... Good move? Good price? - I hope so both take the price over 2k as new.

Just this morning the boss said wait until a couple of months but I just could not wait any longer!

Now I know the Sonus sound in quite warm, almost coloured and not the most detailed, but I want to give them the best possible chance of been detailed. The dealer said they partner well with Naim which is apparently similar to Cyrus.

So Cyrus are very detailed and that's what it will be. Anyone else know of other detailed kit that maybe worth looking at!!

The Mrs when I get home tonight
emotion-39.gif
me 2 minutes later
emotion-9.gif
.......ouch

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Not a bad buy (as you already bought them)

Chord Sig digi worth about £120 and mint 2nd hand Domus cost around £700 so for an Ex-demo (should come with full warannty) is right on the money. Forget naim or Cyrus (imo) and go for Sugden or Krell. You have to work on their plus point not weak point.

A

Anonymous

Thaiman,

The domus are x display so never used so hopefully an even better purchase. £1799, got them for £999. Sig cable is £225 new and got that for £60 - £40 for the delivery.

Seem ok?

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a good deal to me! Try a Unison Research valve amp on them, sublime
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Cheers Igglebert,

Being new to the scene again, it's reassuring to know I've made a good choice.

I listen to indie mainly, are valve amps powerful enough to drive the 4 ohm speakers?

I would like a pre & 2 mono's option / 2 powers, Can you tell me which of the Union Research models to go for, 3k on amplification.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts