the hegel sound ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 108165

why have the moderators not stepped in with the "Bla bla bla" post ?
Over zealous moderation kills forums, so does not enough, I believe we have a reasonable balance. I have been on the receiving end of two warnings and they were reasonably fair. You have to consider that the mods are not online all the time, they have a day job too.

There is always the Report button though I only use this to report suspected spam.

D

Deleted member 188516

Because it was so long ago I missed it (away at work), he may very well have received a warning.

no criticism of you intended as there are many more moderators i believe !
(they got involved earlier in the thread).

Reactions: Al ears
Over zealous moderation kills forums, so does not enough, I believe we have a reasonable balance. I have been on the receiving end of two warnings and they were reasonably fair. You have to consider that the mods are not online all the time, they have a day job too.

There is always the Report button though I only use this to report suspected spam.
If anyone feels particularly aggrieved by a posting then moderators can be alerted by sending a message I believe. The Report option is another available methods.

D

Deleted member 188516

If anyone feels particularly aggrieved by a posting then moderators can be alerted by sending a message I believe. The Report option is another available methods.

i just wish people would simply ignore and refrain from posting on threads that they are not interested in or find "offensive" !

i just wish people would simply ignore and refrain from posting on threads that they are not interested in or find "offensive" !
Unfortunately the very fact they do find it offensive is why they post in the first instance.
What would be extremely helpful is if forum members actually read forum rule prior to posting at all. Many obviously don't which is consistent with all forms of social media these days.
Sad I know but some form of moderation is better than none at all surely.
Anyway back to the thread......

D

Deleted member 188516

Unfortunately the very fact they do find it offensive is why they post in the first instance.
What would be extremely helpful is if forum members actually read forum rule prior to posting at all. Many obviously don't which is consistent with all forms of social media these days.
Sad I know but some form of moderation is better than none at all surely.
Anyway back to the thread......

i agree...and i admit i'm no angel when provoked !

Reactions: shadders

Hakano

Dec 29, 2020
Visit site
I have Hegel H100 with a Hegel external DAC with Proac d18s. I think it is wonderful match and Hegel amps are very nice with an emphasis on natural, unbiased sound. they are even better than most valves in this range. However at the end it depends on what you are listening and taste. I am very happy with my Jazz listening as well as classics. I think they are fantastic at this range

soundso

Aug 19, 2021
Visit site
i got a hegel h95 (1700); new model with internet upgrades. i also got an ex demo set of pcm twinty5.21. (Nice and small?) (1500) i wondered about the power of the 95... but it turned out to be plenty for any room, i guess. i found the sound superb but lacking in base. i then got a dali sub e 12 f (500) to complement. Combined, i guess, the sound i have now is the best i could ever hope for. i have turned down the volume on the base on the dali just fine for the room i have it in. i use inputs from laptop (usb) , streaming from house disk, edsion ds nino pro (satellite and tv, pc). i only got this after getting money from inheritance. it's too expensive for me otherwise. i chanced to go for a new level in sound... I can tell you: for any 'normal sound creazy person', this is it: i am so over the moon with this sound experience, the sound i hear now is so: clear and punchy; right where you want it; just so BANG ON! Get this combi and feel the same!

Reactions: Gray
Just been reading through this thread that I haven’t seen before. Interesting, especially as it has taken place over the last year and a half or so. You can really get a feel for how consistent some people are when you see their posts over that sort of time frame…

Anyway, anyone curious as to how Hegel “sound” can always pop along to a dealer to experience that, or the upcoming Northampton show.

manicm

The idea that there is a house sound with any system is a fallacy as, of course, everyone will hear something different.
The basic idea that the question was posed so that there could be an immediate reposte is perhaps why anyone that happens to own such a setup will admit to it.

It's not a fallacy actually. Budget to mid-range equipment are built to a price, and compromises are made. It's in how these compromises are balanced, and also explains why Denon and Marantz do sound somewhat different.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts