• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

the hegel sound ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DougK

Dec 8, 2013
why have the moderators not stepped in with the "Bla bla bla" post ?
Over zealous moderation kills forums, so does not enough, I believe we have a reasonable balance. I have been on the receiving end of two warnings and they were reasonably fair. You have to consider that the mods are not online all the time, they have a day job too.

There is always the Report button though I only use this to report suspected spam.

Reactions: Al ears and plus 1

Al ears

Over zealous moderation kills forums, so does not enough, I believe we have a reasonable balance. I have been on the receiving end of two warnings and they were reasonably fair. You have to consider that the mods are not online all the time, they have a day job too.

There is always the Report button though I only use this to report suspected spam.
If anyone feels particularly aggrieved by a posting then moderators can be alerted by sending a message I believe. The Report option is another available methods.

plus 1

Dec 5, 2019
If anyone feels particularly aggrieved by a posting then moderators can be alerted by sending a message I believe. The Report option is another available methods.
i just wish people would simply ignore and refrain from posting on threads that they are not interested in or find "offensive" !

Reactions: anort3

Al ears

i just wish people would simply ignore and refrain from posting on threads that they are not interested in or find "offensive" !
Unfortunately the very fact they do find it offensive is why they post in the first instance.
What would be extremely helpful is if forum members actually read forum rule prior to posting at all. Many obviously don't which is consistent with all forms of social media these days.
Sad I know but some form of moderation is better than none at all surely.
Anyway back to the thread......

plus 1

Dec 5, 2019
Unfortunately the very fact they do find it offensive is why they post in the first instance.
What would be extremely helpful is if forum members actually read forum rule prior to posting at all. Many obviously don't which is consistent with all forms of social media these days.
Sad I know but some form of moderation is better than none at all surely.
Anyway back to the thread......
i agree...and i admit i'm no angel when provoked !

Reactions: shadders

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts