The film thread.

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
The Omen on blu ray. I'd give it 7/10, and I do enjoy it, but can't quite put my finger on why I don't care for it more that I do.

Clearly the kid was a bad 'un - this is from his Wikipedia page:

Arrest
On 13 January 2017, Stephens was given a suspended prison sentence for a road-rage attack on two cyclists at Toys Hill, Westerham, Kent, on 21 August 2016. The court had heard that Stephens repeatedly used his horn when riders Mark Richardson and Alex Manley, who were out cycling separately, were side-by-side on the road as one overtook the other. Richardson responded by flicking his middle finger at Stephens, who then pulled over.

After getting out of his car, Stephens punched Richardson, knocking him unconscious, which prompted Manley to intervene. Stephens
responded by asking Manley: “You want some, do you?” before punching him twice in the face, causing him to fall on his back with his bicycle still between his legs. Stephens then held him down and punched him six or seven times, inflicting dental injuries and damaging his helmet.

In 2017, at Maidstone Crown Court, Judge Martin Joy sentenced Stephens to 12 months in jail, suspended for two years, for causing actual bodily harm, and to two months, also suspended for two years, for criminal damage. Stephens, a resident of the High Street, Edenbridge, Kent, was ordered to undergo rehabilitation, perform 150 hours of unpaid work, pay compensation of £1,000 to each victim, and an extra £120 to Mr Manley for his damaged helmet.

Last edited:
As for me, some filmmakers are so focused on image quality and special effects that they forget about the most important aspect of the film: the story.
I'm sure that's true, though films like that don't tend to feature massively on my radar. Flip side is that there are films which deal in historical matters but which concoct stories that are largely fictitious. The Imitation Game was last night's blu ray (and it's a very good film), but it's fabricated to a significant degree.

I’ll be watching the Alien films this week (all except Alien Resurrection, which is dire) as part of the whole LV426 thing. Although, I do need to get to my local cinema before Friday to catch Evil Dead Rises which is supposed to be really good based on the feedback I’ve had so far.

I’ll be watching the Alien films this week (all except Alien Resurrection, which is dire) as part of the whole LV426 thing.
I hated Resurrection at first - it's still not great, but Weaver is pretty good in it. It feels like a rough outline that no-one knocked into shape, and definitely better in idea than execution.

Amistad last night - Spielberg's telling of a ship of trafficked people that ended up as a landmark case in US legal history. Way too much music though...

I’ll be watching the Alien films this week (all except Alien Resurrection, which is dire) as part of the whole LV426 thing. Although, I do need to get to my local cinema before Friday to catch Evil Dead Rises which is supposed to be really good based on the feedback I’ve had so far.
Not sure whether you are interested, or even a t-shirt wearer, but I have a recommendation for a maker of t-shirt related paraphernalia about the sort of films we seem to share a love for...

Watched Evil Dead Rise this afternoon. I think after seeing so much love for it, I went in with high expectations. I’m a big fan of the original, and the 2013 reboot/remake, but this didn’t quite feel the same as it wasn’t the “cabin in the woods” type story, instead, set in an apartment block. I’m giving it 7/10 as it’s better than the rehashes we get from the likes of the Blumhouse stable nowadays.

Rip off prices IMO

If you are handy with Photoshop or similar, make your own for less:

All my T-Shirts are self made, the latest one is a drawing of a pizza by my 4 year old Grandaughter to wear when the Ooni comes out to play.
Those prices look reasonable to me, I should know as I worked in the printing industry for over a decade.

You can design your own but 2 or 3 washes later and the pattern will disintegrate.

Anyhoo, back in topic....

Reactions: 12th Monkey

MrTeroo

BANNED
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Those prices look reasonable to me, I should know as I worked in the printing industry for over a decade.

You can design your own but 2 or 3 washes later and the pattern will disintegrate.

Anyhoo, back in topic....
Not so.

The firm I linked to produce high qualit print shirts.

As goos as any you can buy retail.

Cheaper than the shirts on the site being discussed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts