the dynaudio club...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i absolutely love mine, i couldn't have dreamed they'd be so good. i can't ever see myself defecting to any other brand of speaker (well, maybe, just maybe atc, if i came into a few bob :p )

how many more dynaudio fans/owners are out there?? what have you got?? and is there any other brand you'd consider defecting to??

:)

A

Anonymous

it sure is rick, and thanks for the reccomendation to it :)

yamboyr1

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Audience 70,s with my Bryston and Benchmark dac sound good to my ears.
smiley-laughing.gif

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Not joined the club yet but considering standmount models for my small front room. Get put off a bit by the 4/6 OHM load. Would my Roksan Kandy 3 drive them ok?
Paul

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Focus 110 (bought used, half retail) and X Power (repro) - best speaker/amp combo I've ever had, in fact it's leagues ahead, and exactly the sound I was after. And thanks to Rick also for his recommendation for a Rotel preamp that I eventually found on another forum's classifieds, pulling the sound together beautifully.

First move would be another X Power in mono, so not a defection...as for speakers, I would like to hear the new Focus range!

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
paulsue38 said:
Not joined the club yet but considering standmount models for my small front room. Get put off a bit by the 4/6 OHM load. Would my Roksan Kandy 3 drive them ok? Paul

X Power provides 70W into 8Ohm but 110W into 4Ohm and the difference is very apparent. I don't know if the Kandy will do similar, but I imagine so, check manual or with Roksan, or someone else will be able to confirm shortly!

A

Anonymous

chebby said:
All good clubs require an official mascot.

I suggest Dynaudio's very own 'Knudsen' the raccoon...

5860197349_9c9cac0027_o.jpg
very good, and an idea for my new avatar :)

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
i love my audiende 52se's but i have heard the contour 1.4's and they are sublime.

at the risk of hijacking max's thread , has anybody tried sanding down the veneers on dynaudios and staining them a different colour as i would like to try and stain mine (or my dream 1.4's that my dealer has in maple), to a black finish?

jockey.wilson

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm in...

Having listened to lots of other speakers recently, I would have to spend SERIOUS money to better my 2001 Contour 1.3Mkii's (with Dynaudio stands!).

sometimesuk

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
jockey.wilson said:
I'm in... Having listened to lots of other speakers recently, I would have to spend SERIOUS money to better my 2001 Contour 1.3Mkii's (with Dynaudio stands!).

One of my general rules, is if your equipment is less than 15 years old, to get a significant upgrade in sound, you need to spend at least double the purchase price of your equipment. Personally I aim for 3 times, to make it worthwhile.

Having said that, i think that once you have reached the £1000 mark per component, you have reached a very good level of performance. You have the finese that nice hifi gear brings, over and above the budget gear, of being able to bang out a tune. Above £1000 and the law of diminishing returns really kicks in.

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
jockey.wilson said:
I'm in... Having listened to lots of other speakers recently, I would have to spend SERIOUS money to better my 2001 Contour 1.3Mkii's (with Dynaudio stands!).

Jockey - fascinated by the rest of your system. How are you finding the NDX, esp with the CDXTSE? Also, do you have the FM module and is it any good compared to a tuner? Sorry to sidetrack the thread.

jockey.wilson

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, I have parked the CD XT SE/PSX-R at the bottom of my rack and apart from a couple of times, I have barely used it since I have had the NDX. It does sound good hooked up to the NDX as DAC only; very detailed with great bass extension and authority, but I don't find it as involving as the NDX alone as a UPnP player. I will be advertising the CD XT SE+ and PSX-R on fleabay soon I think.

Don't have the FM module on the NDX. 320 Kbps streams sound pretty good actually.

The Dynaudios are a great match with both Cyrus and Naim electronics IMO, although they take some driving before they give their best.

maxflinn said:
i absolutely love mine, i couldn't have dreamed they'd be so good. i can't ever see myself defecting to any other brand of speaker (well, maybe, just maybe atc, if i came into a few bob :p )

how many more dynaudio fans/owners are out there?? what have you got?? and is there any other brand you'd consider defecting to??

:)

My cones on the MAs vibrate. Does that count? :)

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Just received and still trying out my BM5A's. Very controlled, good clarity and initially sound perhaps a tad dry? A completely different sound to my B&W 602's.

There are several EQ settings that can be adjusted on the back to suit listening environment , but so far all is set to flat response.

Very nice build quality. Better separation of instruments in the mix. Overall, I like.
smiley-smile.gif

ABM78

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Dynaudio Excite X-12's. They are Awesome love them, would like to move up to focus, no real chance to compare with any others as lack of choice where I am living, bought the X-12's blind after buying B&W 685'd blind and regretting it. Come to think of it I think Rick also strongly recommended me to give Dynaudio a try and no regrets! By the way Rick if your reading I won the NAD C-370 for a price I was willing to pay just waiting for it to arrive, cant wait to put all that power through them!

TRENDING THREADS