the dynaudio club...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Focus 110's bought 2nd hand from my local dealer. Very refined and musical and a clear step-up from my Dyn 42's.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Not a club member but just seen Dynaudio shirts on ebay, would give the link but haven't a clue about clickety.
I am more worried that when I saw them I thought of you guys !!

Shanka said:
Hi, Not a club member but just seen Dynaudio shirts on ebay, would give the link but haven't a clue about clickety. I am more worried that when I saw them I thought of you guys !!

Hi shanka

You'll be more worried if you don't buy them for us
smiley-wink.gif
:D

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Zubkabera

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
ErwinC said:
Dynaudio Focus 110 and Cyrus 8XP d QX. Fantastic sound with an incredibly deep bass for a speaker of that size.

smiley-smile.gif

I too have exactly the same setup, Erwin can you share what speaker cables and source/interconnect you are using. Although I love majority of the music on my setup except on some track the treble is bit too harsh I am unable to isolate the issue if it's the recording or my cables, I am using v/d hul cs 122 and my source is SQB duet with optical cable. I am planing to add PSX-R to see if it will resolve the issue.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Zubkabera said:
I too have exactly the same setup, Erwin can you share what speaker cables and source/interconnect you are using. Although I love majority of the music on my setup except on some track the treble is bit too harsh I am unable to isolate the issue if it's the recording or my cables, I am using v/d hul cs 122 and my source is SQB duet with optical cable. I am planing to add PSX-R to see if it will resolve the issue.

I use Kimber 4TC speaker cables and QED silver spiral interconnects. My current Vincent CD S6 cd player is both used as transport and as cd player. Both solutions sound very good but different. My Vincent is connected digitally with a v/d hul The First coax interconnect. I have no problem with a harsh treble.

I think your SQB duet connected with an optical cable is not the best digital source for the Cyrus. Cyrus is known to be jitter-sensitive and an optical cable is in that case not the best solution. Nor is the duet a low jitter source as far as i know.

Does the duet have a coax digital out? Did you ever try another digital source? I suspect that adding a PSX-R will not be the best solution. Using a source with lower jitter and a coax will give better results according to me.

A better power supply for the duet seems to lower the produced jitter on the digital out. So that is perhaps also a solution.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm.. I had the Dynaudio Contour S1.4 with Stand4 but not any more.. Will I be an Alumni with restricted privileges?! Please cut some corners and let me in too
smiley-wink.gif

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Right on max! I'm in a long term relationship with my contours now. Love 'em!

I've owed a gaggle of speakers and auditioned even more and the only other brand that made me think about defecting was PMC. Other than PMC, nothing I've heard has compared with the musical satisfaction my Dyns provide. And I'm not saying PMC is better, just that I loved them as well.

The Dyns are special. No speaker I've ever heard sounds like a Dyn speaker.

A

Anonymous

maxflinn said:
i absolutely love mine, i couldn't have dreamed they'd be so good. i can't ever see myself defecting to any other brand of speaker (well, maybe, just maybe atc, if i came into a few bob :p )

how many more dynaudio fans/owners are out there?? what have you got?? and is there any other brand you'd consider defecting to??

:)

The insanity of starting a Dynaudio owners thread on the 22nd of June to owning an AVI set up on the 30th of June.

Is that odd or is it just me?

A

Anonymous

i was only kidding about the AVI's (looks for embarressed smilie)

A

Anonymous

maxflinn said:

never really tell with you max, what will you be up to next?

A

Anonymous

The Limey said:
maxflinn said:

never really tell with you max, what will you be up to next?

EDITED BY MODS: max, that's your third attempt at questioning moderation in recent days, and having been on and off this forum for some time, and banned more than once (including for ban-dodging with multiple accounts), you really should know better.

Banned, yet again – duration to be decided – and thread locked.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts