The Car Thread.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
a tyre fitter hasn’t balanced the wheels properly.
I'm really not sure what's going on - it's had three people there try it, and I repeat, I've never had an issue with them in the twenty odd years I've been using them. I'm not the sort to throw away a previously satisfactory business relationship that easily.

The one thing I'll throw in is that it does get harder when wheels are bigger, and these are 19" ones. Not that this is an excuse - they've fitted several sets to the RS4 before without issue. Fingers crossed that starting from scratch will sort it.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
My twin bro, who I live with has an Alfa Romeo Mito Cloverleaf Multi Air Turbo. It's a 1.4 litre, 170bhp. It has 3 engine map modes. All weather mode, Normal Mode, and Dynamic. In Dynamic mode this car is a beast. It absolutely flies. He lets me use it while my Chrysler 300C is being fixed. I love Alfa's.

My twin bro, who I live with has an Alfa Romeo Mito Cloverleaf Multi Air Turbo. It's a 1.4 litre, 170bhp. It has 3 engine map modes. All weather mode, Normal Mode, and Dynamic. In Dynamic mode this car is a beast. It absolutely flies. He lets me use it while my Chrysler 300C is being fixed. I love Alfa's.
Yeah, those 3 driving modes (Dynamic, Normal and All Weather) is known as DNA. My Alfa doesn't have it but have driven a few (my 159 1750 TBI had it). It sharpens up the throttle response, stiffens the suspension and makes for a bknkers drive.

Reactions: Al ears and JDL

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Yeah, those 3 driving modes (Dynamic, Normal and All Weather) is known as DNA. My Alfa doesn't have it but have driven a few (my 159 1750 TBI had it). It sharpens up the throttle response, stiffens the suspension and makes for a bknkers drive.
Yeah. Considering it's only a 1400 it goes like stink in Dynamic mode. But I want my old Chrysler back, I'm hoping it's not too far gone.....electronic problems.

Reactions: plastic penguin

WayneKerr

I'm really not sure what's going on - it's had three people there try it, and I repeat, I've never had an issue with them in the twenty odd years I've been using them. I'm not the sort to throw away a previously satisfactory business relationship that easily.

The one thing I'll throw in is that it does get harder when wheels are bigger, and these are 19" ones. Not that this is an excuse - they've fitted several sets to the RS4 before without issue. Fingers crossed that starting from scratch will sort it.
How did you get on? Sorted?

WayneKerr

It's not the performance, it's the character of a good Italian engine, makes you want to drive it harder.
This I totally understand and fully appreciate. It is a complete sensory experience.

I alluded to my bike earlier, a ZZR600, I also have a BMW 1100S. On spec sheets the BMW is just as quick to 60 as the ZZR but is in a much lower state of tune and, therefore, quieter. The ZZR is in a higher state of tune and has an intoxicating induction howl as it comes on cam at 8000rpm and takes off like a scolded cat towards its redline. You can imagine which one fulfils all the requirements of rarefied sensory experience and leaves you wanting more. I'm guessing similar to driving an Italian thoroughbred.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts