The best second hand Amplifier

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I have a memory of a (probably apochraphyl) old story about a chap who ran a small company and wanted a computer system installed. He wanted it behind big glass panels so all of his customers could see the big flashy system and think "wow, they're so high tech, must be good" and the like. Of course when it went in he was really disappointed that it was just a set of big boring boxes and not at all like the movies that were his inspiration. So the company that did the install charged him a small fortune to build him a big panel with lots of flashing lights - completely unconnected to the computers.

A

Anonymous

OK, we now have another A400 in stock if anybody is interested. As for equalisers we have several to choose from in both 14 and 17 inch widths. They are listed in our "other hifi" section, the really flashy one we had sold but that was flashy from teh touch sensitive panel point of view, if it's just flashy lights you want the SH-E75 or SH8058 would be the ones to look at. If you wanted to go the whole hog with showing off have a look at the Kenwood series 21 system, electrically operated panels, speech recognition, and the most impressive looking equaliser / spectrum analyser you will ever see :) Bit more than just an equaliser though :)

Regards,

Dave.

A

Anonymous

Hi there, I just reread your original post. I think I have found something you will love, it's a JVC amplifier with built in graphic equaliser and spectrum analyser, it is the most flashy and tacky piece of 1980's hi fi that I have seen in a long time, sounds pretty good too! Pleaes drop me an email so I can send you an emailed photo, I really think you will love it. It's one of the Super A amps, they were pretty well regarded in their day, I don't recall the power output but it's more than enaough to irritate the neighbours with, even if they are some distance away
emotion-1.gif

let me know your email ady and I will get the photo to you.

Dave.

A

Anonymous

Just sent you an e-mail, can't wait to see what model it is!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts