Thanks Arcam, great service

colint

Aug 4, 2007
Visit site
Just wanted to say what great service I've had from Arcam recently. My solo developed a fault, so I returned it to Arcam for a service / repair expecting to receive a call with a price the work as the unit was out of warranty. They repaired the fault, upgraded the software and posted it back free of charge. I love Arcam stuff anyway but they've got a customer for life now.

A

Anonymous

Really good to hear things like this. Well done Arcam...

Dazmb

Aug 26, 2007
Visit site
Yes I had a problem with a DV139 I bought off Ebay. Even though the FMJ 5 yr warranty is not transferable, and with no proof of original purchase the standard 2yr warranty period may have passed. But Arcam still offered to fix the player for me if I got it to them (it was only a firmware issue in the end that I sorted myself).

Still, fair play to them.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Re the OP: Don't wish to sound cynical, but Arcam will be aware that you're covered for 6 years' parts/labour with the retailer you bought from - it's standard UK consumer rights/law.

Still, Arcam's grace, efficiency and lack of BS is refreshing. The antithesis of Philips, then.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
That is brilliant of Arcam. Well done.
emotion-21.gif

colint

Aug 4, 2007
Visit site
6th.replicant:Re the OP: Don't wish to sound cynical, but Arcam will be aware that you're covered for 6 years' parts/labour with the retailer you bought from - it's standard UK consumer rights/law.

Still, Arcam's grace, efficiency and lack of BS is refreshing. The antithesis of Philips, then.

I understand why you'd say that but there's a bit more to the story, there's a dent on the side of the case which I think might have been caused in a house move. I pointed this out to Arcam suggesting this is what had caused the fault, so they easily could have said the repair fell outside of the warranty as it was self inflicted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts