Question The Abyss - 4K UHD Blu Ray

dhp

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I Have been waiting for movie to appear on 4 K Blu Ray for some time . Once it was announced , I pre-ordered it . As its not getting a UK release I ordered an American copy. It was dispatched on March the 12th and received on the 16th of March .

However when I tried watching it the picture showing massive break up (as though my player could not read it properly) at 1 hour 42 minutes and 2 hours and 2 minutes on the special edition version included on the Disc .

Needless to say its on it's way back as of this morning .

I wondered if it is just me or if anyone else has had a similar problem ? . I was playing it on a Panasonic UB 9000 going into a Samsung S95 B Oled Screen

Attachments

• Faulty_Disc_20240316_222621 (2).jpg
    Faulty_Disc_20240316_222621 (2).jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 12

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
I Have been waiting for movie to appear on 4 K Blu Ray for some time . Once it was announced , I pre-ordered it . As its not getting a UK release I ordered an American copy. It was dispatched on March the 12th and received on the 16th of March .

However when I tried watching it the picture showing massive break up (as though my player could not read it properly) at 1 hour 42 minutes and 2 hours and 2 minutes on the special edition version included on the Disc .

Needless to say its on it's way back as of this morning .

I wondered if it is just me or if anyone else has had a similar problem ? . I was playing it on a Panasonic UB 9000 going into a Samsung S95 B Oled Screen
Almost certainly just an individual bad disc :(

dhp

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The player has never had s problem until now . I've sent it back and if they offer a replacement I'll try that , or alternatively import a copy from Europe instead of the states

Gray

A mate once told me that he paid £100 for this film.
It was a long time ago. Long before Blu-ray.
I think it might have included multiple extras discs??
But, even so, £100 on a single film 😱
I couldn't contemplate spending a quarter of that on a favourite audio disc - and that would at least get multiple plays.

Must be a good film 🤔

Reactions: Leon74
I couldn't contemplate spending a quarter of that on a favourite audio disc - and that would at least get multiple plays.

Must be a good film 🤔
At the time, available formats were VHS and Laserdisc. Laserdisc was the only way to get the extended version for home viewing, and most likely, a widescreen version too. American THX Laserdisc possibly. Average disc prices were £30-40, but some "CAV" releases were more - this allowed a steady freeze frame and frame by frame advance, but took up twice the amount of space on the disc, so instead a film being maybe on two sides of 1 disc, it'd be on 4 sides of 2 discs. Some long films would be on 3 or 4 discs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray

Leon74

Apr 8, 2024
Visit site

Must be a good film 🤔

---> IMDB 7.5... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096754/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Leon74

Apr 8, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for the trailer Leon, but it's wasted on me - I never watch films.
Just put the link there to show you that the movie your friend paid 100 quids for only got a 7.5 rating. I got interested after you told that and looked it up. But who are we to judge, right? ;-)

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS